On Hold BeamNG Paradise

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by falefee, Nov 5, 2017.

?

What area of the map would you like to see showcased in a video?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2018.
  1. Downtown Paradise

69.1%
  2. Silver Lake

3.6%
  3. Palm Bay Heights

6.4%
  4. Harbor Town

6.4%
  5. White Mountain

11.8%
  6. Big Surf Island

26.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Frian Bields

Frian Bields
    Expand Collapse

You Brave, Crazy sob. :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Projekt535

Projekt535
    Expand Collapse

That looks like it's going to be amazing, I can't wait to check it out!! :D Keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl Reese

Karl Reese
    Expand Collapse

Wow amazing progess! This is roughly 1/3 of the city done already. Keep it up!

4. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much!

5. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

6. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Me neither! :)

7. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

okay:cool:

8. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

My dream is true ! I knew someone wanted to make this map.

• Like Like x 1
  9. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

That was me!

10. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys! Sorry for no updates here on map progress, it's been a hassle waiting for PC parts. Happened to be that my motherboard didn't support the power buttons connector on my old case, so that was piss. Should be getting the rig up now, i7 7700k, 16GB of DDR4 and a 1060 (which remained the same)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. DavidTheWild150

DavidTheWild150
    Expand Collapse

Could you take me down to the Paradise City? Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

This screenshot was from October. Part of the Big Surf Island Bridge but alpha.

It's funny to look at honestly, thinking about how far I've gotten and how far I can get in the next month.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ZuhongXYABXNZEL

ZuhongXYABXNZEL
    Expand Collapse

very amazing! I never thought THIS WILL HAPPEN! I played since I was 4 years old and now 13. 9 YEARS OF PLAYING!!! I'm a pro of this game today. Trying BeAMng is a good idea! still... Keep it up! I'm your fans now! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

15. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Awesome bro!

16. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for a scenario creator for my project. I would like to have tons of scenarios based on real Burnout Paradise races and fictional ones in the style of Criterion Games.

If you are available to create scenarios for Paradise City in BeamNG, please let me know here or in DMs. (You'll get TONS of credit)

Tagging the obvious @Occam's Razer @Darthbob555

17. Karl Reese

Karl Reese
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, as all races in Burnout Paradise were open world, do you intend to add races with the identical stating point and finish line so the path from A to B will be up to the player like in the original game? I suppose you could then also implement those VIP races where you had to drive from A to B while all those Hunters were trying to take you out (since BeamNG should support enough AI actors to support that cause).

Also it just hit me some time ago that as a PC gamer, your map will be the first time for me to experience Big Surf Island so I am looking forward to that!

18. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Let me break this down.

For sure! I plan to create scenarios of these or if Campaign or Career get any word soon, hopefully a Campaign of drive up races!

This is a big one I had in mind, Marked Man would be awesome to include for the map, and can easily be done (once the roads are mapped, and an AI automatic recovery? [like having the AI recover itself after it crashes])

That is awesome! I am a PC gamer myself, but have already been spoiled by Big Surf Island from the 360 and BeamNG!

19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't try scenarios until you have AI pathing, unless you're racing by yourself.
    Do AI pathing by just carving stretched terrain underneath your map (when it's done, or done enough), and use invisible decal roads on your terrain that's carved to your .dae city parts. Just carve where the roads are, and make the streams/water area look nice. It's easy to do waterways then, too.
    When all done carving, move your terrain block about 2~3 inches below all your .DAE objects so it's not glitching through (don't need to carve buildings), and then lay your decal roads on it, and they will be hidden from view but the AI will see them.
    Don't let the decal road nodes or the line between them (which is what the AI aims for) deviate more than a foot or so from the road surface itself (not the terrain, but the surface the car will drive on) or it will brake suddenly or even stop.
    AI goes from node to node and does not care what objects block the path, or what it hits along the way. It just tries to get there, if it hits a crest in the road, or a giant dip, and the nodes in the decal road don't show it to the AI, it hits the brakes, and panics, and doesn't know what to do. More curves/more hill crests or dips or other elevation changes - use more nodes - a long straight stretch would conversely use LESS.
    Look at my map and watch my AI drive on that using the AI control panel debug NAVMESH or whatever it is enabled. You can see where nodes are there, and how it drives from node to node.
    Conversely, to get AI over a bridge, make a decal road with only two nodes - the start and the end - and put each node at each end of the bridge. Make it AI enabled and the AI will drive over it no sweat the next time you load the map. Nevada Interstate, So-Cal Interstate, And Roane County TN all do this (as does Tail of the Dragon), so all my maps show that trick. Sure beats using stupid waypoints, unless the levels are TOO close (<4 meters), where it would make an automatic intersection.

Also, don't alternate from close node spacing to far node spacing (distance between nodes) too quickly or the decal road looks horrid (doesn't matter so much if it's invisible but this could change in future versions, it's easier to work with if you follow as I mention though).

You could do AI with waypoints but it's a BIG pain AND you would need thousands of them, and your fingers would fall off scripting them!

• Like Like x 1
  20. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Alright, you'll probably have to help me with that :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice