Part Wear and Failure suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Rob_Swire, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Rob_Swire

Rob_Swire
    Expand Collapse

So I was thinking about how my own car seems to have random parts fail after hitting a certain mileage, and it really made me think, why not have parts wear in BeamNG? I actually think I have a pretty solid idea of how this could work. Like, for example, you guys could add a car mileage slider in the vehicle settings (i.e. 0 miles to 300,000), and that would affect the chance a part would randomly fail. And if you wanted a vanilla BeamNG experience with no parts failing, you could just set the slider to 0 or turn the system off entirely.

So say you set the slider to something like 200,000 miles, I could imagine it wouldn't be hard to design an algorithm that would generate a random chance on extremely rare occasions for something like, say, the steering pump to go out. And if it hits that random chance successfully, it could apply a dampener to the rate the steering curve changes, making it slower for the wheels to turn.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I feel like it'd be a great addition to BeamNG.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Cars in the game never go far enough to have this in the game, but it has been discussed already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

Not a bad idea to be honest. I just don't know how easy it would be to implement.

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I think persistent failures would be nice.
    On X-Plane the planes don't usually last long, but in the pay ware mods now, they log the flight hours and what you have done. If you are reckless then you put extra wear on the engines etc (like flying too fast with flaps or whatever) and eventually there are random failures.

5. Rob_Swire

Rob_Swire
    Expand Collapse

Which is why I said have a slider that could change the mileage, and that slider could affect the random chance of something failing.

6. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

This would be perfect for the beater car. It feels... off for a beater to be able to keep going forever with a blown head gasket too...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice