1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Performance Graph Strange Behavior - Low FPS *Solved: Dynamic Reflections

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by krallopian, May 13, 2019.

1. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Getting very strange performance issues recently, as if the GPU is giving up 50% of the time..

You can see here on the performance graph the time differences in the reflection pass, and shadow pass etc.. they are outrageous! Not sure where this is coming from or what it's doing but this is pretty new to me:
    --- Post updated ---
    I deleted 341 lights in the map, all casting 2048 shadows. Made zero difference.
    Deleted untold hundreds of decals on roads and hills, no noticeable difference.
    Shadow distance from 600 to 2600, EXTREMELY SMALL difference.

This was when running 6 individual cars, but I duplicated the same car 6 times and the performance didn't change to my surprise :(
    --- Post updated ---
    I've found that the problem is Dynamic Reflections. When they are off the choppiness no longer shows up. It's most likely related to "update rate."

Yup.

On lowest update it's choppy, on highest update it's smooth - just not in the FPS department =D

C'maawwwn Vulcan! haha

Attached Files:

• perfGraphError.jpg
    • perfGraphError2.jpg
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Hover mouse cursor over UI element, then move mouse cursor away, hold right mouse button down, all this while observing performance graph, try dynamic relfections off and on. There is some funnery for sure :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

I reported that it was in fact dynamic reflections causing it! The "low update" setting was exactly the cause. I always run high/fast update so I had never noticed it before. =)

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Also with vsync on there is more funnery with performance graph than with it off.

There is kinda like two or maybe three directx applications running, UI, game and I'm not sure if imgui is it's own too, as you know, performance graph and game can be detected as two by Afterburner and performance is using imgui or whatever that was called.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice