Unsupported Pessima(88') Ultra Drift 1.0

A custom 88' Pessima drift variant with custom suspension and transmission/drivetrain settings

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

SkepticalYeroc submitted a new resource:

Pessima(88') Ultra Drift - A custom 88' Pessima drift variant with custom suspension and transmission/drivetrain settings

Read more about this resource...

2. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I do drift in the game, its just i need to get used to your setup verses mine

3. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

So I've just been playing around with this car, I've been drifting in sims for a while now and the damage model alone sold me on this game since I can do walltaps and actually lose my rear bumper now. Now the car is insanely easy to drive, especially when you come from 2 simulators both known for their physics and realise just how different this game is. But the car seems to have no power at all except for that tiny bit in the powerband before the redline. What I mean is, I'll be there skidding in 3rd, redlining, and it just drops all power for no apparent reason. I'll be on the throttle at the time and getting sufficient power to move the car, but then that happens. Just loses all power and flicks back the other way for no reason at all. It doesn't even do that when you let off the throttle.

Needless to say this is a massive flaw, the car clearly has power, or the wheels wouldn't spin, but it's power is irregular. It has none for the first 4-5k revs, and then heaps until just before redline, and then 0 at redline. I should mention aswell that I do get a few seconds on the redline before it actually drops out, and I'm not just flooring it the whole time either. Throttle control is my strong point and none of it seems to help in this car, since it's losing the power ON the throttle. Anyways is there any way to fix this? The car handles really well otherwise, it's just like it's got traction control on or something and it takes over after 2 or 3 seconds at the redline.

Oh and lastly, just to save any questions you might have about the turbo (just a wild assumption here but I know how to drive a turbo and not knowing how usually makes it very hard to drive so I could understand if this was brought up, so I'll clear it up in advance) I was watching the spool while I was sideways to see what's happening, incase maybe the turbo was being overworked. But it stays between 1-1.6 bar the entire time even as the power drops off. Like it'll be around 1.6 as it hits the redline, hover anywhere around 1-1.6, and then while still running the exact same boost pressure, it just dies. I just seriously can't see a reason for this outside of traction control, which the car doesn't seem to have.

EDIT: I just saw your post about taking a decent amount of time before writing a review. However I don't think any amount of time is going to get past the fact the car slugs out for no reason at all, especially when I'm in the middle of a perfect angle at the time going just fine and normally wouldn't change anything I'm doing for another few seconds, but the sudden lack of power throws me horrendously and I end up needing to recover. This also isn't posted in the reviews, but rather in the discussion tab, perhaps this edit didn't even need to be made.

#3 Dreadly, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry but you bumped this thread maybe.

5. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

It's not a thread like your typical ask a question and get an answer thread, it's a mod, and it's not like there's anywhere else to post what I posted so I fail to see the point of your comment. You bumped it too... Besides, questions are still relevant, even when there's been no activity on the page for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

Oh sorry.

7. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

Lol no need to be sorry man. I was moreso just pointing out that on a page like this there shouldn't be a time limit to how long you're able to post. The mod's only been out since november from what I can see which makes it about 2 months old, and bugs could still be found even years after the mods original release. In the end I really just gave feedback in the form of a question.

• Like Like x 1
  8. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Don't worry about that too much, some people here can be too quick to jump the gun on bumps. Your post was well written out too, which is better than most of the other bumps that can happen.
    The reason that the config doesn't work as well is probably because of the last update changing and breaking things.

9. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've just downloaded a bunch of mods and realised most of them don't work properly, I'm assuming just cause they're older than the game version which sounds like what's happened here. The car does still drive really well though, it's just that power loss is a real problem during long slides.

It's not a huge deal though cause I've only just got the game and I've been modding cars since NFSMW (2005 version) so it's only a matter of time before I end up working on stuff here too. I usually do my own builds regardless anyhow so I just need to do some poking around at the files to see how everything works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice