Peterbilt 359

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Rydrman, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Rydrman

Rydrman
    Expand Collapse

** I also have this posted in the BeamNG.drive vehicle showroom which is probably a better place for it

Hey Folks,

I've got an old model that I did a while back and I'd love to get it into BeamNG. It's an old peterbilt 359 sleeper.

Here's a quick render of the model:

pete359.jpeg

I created it for a short video and as you can see it's already nicely split up into components (video).

It still needs an interior but first step will be getting it up and moving in the game.

So far I haven't had much luck with the limited documentation on content creation but I'll keep givin'er ;)

side note: if anyone has had luck getting something running in-game let me know what it took. So far the model loads into the world but everything freezes up (aside from being able to select a new vehicle). Not sure if there's some crucial component to the jbeam file that I'm missing...

#1 Rydrman, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Hey, nice model ;)

I would wait until the devs added a truck. They work on it and then you could use this one as example.
    Now you could add all details and update your thread for a while. I want such big machines, so i wait on it.:cool:

3. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Very nice.
    I agree with Masterjoc though, I would say just start adding the smaller details on the truck & make the interior & engine components, & hold trying to get it in-game until we get a better wiki or such. :)

4. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of the Phantom from GTA 4 and 5

5. dudeman2009

dudeman2009
    Expand Collapse

I would Love to drive some big trucks, smash them into the little cars are such. But I would let a more experienced person do the heavy lifting. I dont know how their modding process works, but I'm sure the devs will be able to make a high quality truck frame that you could stick this on.
    I would like to see some nice details around the fuel tank area tho, its a little bare right now.

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@Above post, first off, you shouldn't bump a thread, most people will go ape shit on you for doing so, unless you have a valid reason to do so, anyway though, there's already a semi truck in the works by gabester (one of the devs) which is known as the gavril T75, i believe he's hoping to get it finished in time for the Race update, but only time will tell (well, that and gabester himself :p)

7. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

This is said but unfortunately true.
    I really don't like the outcome 'vision' I have for this forum..

Anyway, the truck looks great!

8. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

T75 and this, head-on collision, 100mph. Can't wait!!

Keep up the good work! :)

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

We havent heard from this guy since he posted back in august, you might aswell stop waiting because it probably won't be coming.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

He hasn't even been on here since august. I'd say this is dead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice