Placeable External Cameras

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ItsJustCurtis, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ItsJustCurtis

ItsJustCurtis
    Expand Collapse

I only put this in ideas as I don't know enough about LUA to be trying to do this myself.

Basically it is widely agreed that the cinematic/External camera is no good, however I think it has a lot of potential, its biggest drawback it its random choice of positioning. I think the ability in Free cam mode to lock onto a target vehicle, perhaps with sliders for camera shake or dynamic zooming, much like the existing external cam does would massively increase the recording abilities for a lot of players.

If anyone (devs?) can help me out with what the different variables in the camera LUA, much like other cheat sheets in the wiki, I think it should be as simple as extracting the individual camera modes from the external cam and combining it with the freecam modes. I would have thought that would get the desired result.

• Like Like x 1
  2. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Doesn’t World Editor have a multitude of detached cameras scattered all over the map— like surveillance cameras? Problem is, I don’t know how to incorporate those into the game in real time.
    Wouldn’t it be cool though, if you could undock a view of an external camera and stash it in the upper right corner of your main screen, while using the main screen on driver view to control the car? Then watch your car pass by the view of the detached camera, in the undocked screen in the upper right, while driving past that spot?
    You could do that sort of undocked, splitscreen stuff all day long in MS FlightSim2004 & FSX. But apparently it cannot be done here. Too bad.

3. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

It's done in the Rocky Start campaign. You may need to deconstruct that to see what's possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice