Solved Placing trees with forest editor causes crash

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Inertia, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I have been working on my map for a while and I am stuck with this issue. When I try and place trees with the forest editor the game freezes then crashes. I have placed trees earlier on in the process of making this map but for some reason I can't place them anymore. I have tried replacing the brushes.cs and the managedItemData.cs from east coast usa (the base map I used) and changing the level name but that does nothing. I can however select existing forest trees and move them around, but as soon as I select the brush tool and click it crashes.

Error log line in question:
    Code:
     58.33273|E|CodeBlock::exec|levels/forest_dragway/art/forest/brushes.cs (0): Cannot re-declare object [ForestBrushGroup].

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Deleting the forest entity and creating a new one might help. If the "re declare" error happens again it is probably an issue with
    the brushes.cs or mangageditemdata.cs carry over from ECUSA.

3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I have tried deleting the existing forest in the mission and making a new one but it still crashes unfortunately.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Hmm.
    Perhaps trying to delete everything related to the forest and trying again. Never hurts to do a file integrity check through Steam too.
    Another try is to delete everything forest related then save the map, making sure the new saved level .mis gets put in the level immediately
    afterward. Then copy, re-import and re-name a whole new forest group out of ECUSA.

You may have done all this already, Just trying logical deduction stuff here.

5. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I tried that several times to no avail. I can create a forest and place trees on another map, but not mine :(

6. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

The issue seems to have corrected itself, I tried placing trees in a different location and that somehow fixed it and I can now place trees in the problematic location again. Seems very bizarre to me but I'm glad I can at least carry on with my project :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Nice to hear. I get nervous when things "just correct themselves". The good thing about this is you can hope it was just
    a one off glitch that will never resurface.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice