Please Delete Delete Delete Delete

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by KennyWah, Nov 17, 2022.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

See Download Below

This is a very real post.

As someone who often builds setups for BeamMP Touge, for runs I frequent at West Coast, Utah & Italy with friends. I build many configurations with thorough setups that I comb over for hours. I often use RK engines with a lot of careful tuning to create very fun custom engines running around 160-300hp rarely more or less on almost exclusively sports tires, sometimes standard depending on the build in question.

I am curious if making a mod pack with a dozen odd configurations like this would interest anyone. I thoroughly tune the suspension and alignment to an ability that even my knowledgeable friends can rarely match and it's come to my attention that maybe these configurations might interest other users.

I am referring to the mod idea as the "Touge Configuration Concept" as Touge Project is already used for a map project. I do not have another working title yet as "Project Cars" obviously has other issues.

All these config concepts are a mix between setups that are halfway tuned, simply a better imagining of a regular BeamNG config that maybe an owner has put some time into.. to complete project concepts where it feels like someone's pride and joy specifically for running sprints on local or famous roads.

I plan to make a video of me driving one of these setups with a modded engine and config I've been tweaking down a quick run I enjoy at italy. If everything goes according to plan, this will be uploaded next week. (Video)

I am making this post to see if this idea has much interest, I do not claim to be amazing at setting up cars, but given my experience with most people I drive with, modded content, original content and other configuration mods with a focus on quantity over quality or just lack luster performance.. I think maybe I can offer something unique.

In case anyone is curious or questioning my authenticity I've put about ~5-7K hours into this game since launch and used to be a well known mod/content creator in this community.

#1 KennyWah, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy making customized cars myself, but I suck at creating the engines using that mod. This would be pretty cool to get examples from.

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Basically you take that and you use the parts to tweak curves to mimic things you want, rather then using a combination of parts that would be sensible in an engine which just creates magic curves that make way too much power almost instantly, some of my engines even go just a little bit into fantasy territory but it produces a fun drivable car. I typically use the principle "Slow Car Fast" when creating cars.

The Comical Sansulation Continues

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Here we have a custom RWD Pessima built from the ground up with 180Hp DOHC 1.8L N/A Inline 4
    Full custom/Fine tuned Suspension.

• Like Like x 3
  5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

196Hp 2.4L Inline 5 N/A
    FWD W/ Custom Suspension Setup/Tune

Going to make an alt version with a more aggressive engine tune and weight reduction.
    --- Post updated ---

FWD Pessima "Vtec" 1.8L Inline 4 242Hp
    Full Custom Suspension and Weight Reduction

#5 KennyWah, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Here is a run of the Vtec Pessima @ Italy (might take a bit to get HD processed)
    Sorry for mediocre driving, FWD isn't my best and this was done in a single take.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Truth be told I currently have the following setups.

260Hp Inline 6 I-Series RWD (inspired by friends Real Car)
    FWD Pessima Vtec
    Turbo and N/A RWD Pessima 1.8L Inline 4
    -
    AWD Pessima (kind of inspired by Gen I-III Evos, this uses the original engine tuend to ~280hp with lag)
    AWD Sunburst (Kind of Suburu but used I4 no Boxer/Flat, since it being just a sound and not actually changing the weight distribution/centre of gravity just isn't good enough for me)
    -
    FWD New Pessima plus a slightly overturned ricy variant as well
    FWD LeGran Wagon 2.4L Inline 5
    Inline 4 Turbo 200BX (190hp)
    Covet I4 Fwd (150-160hp w/ original engine using odd combination of parts)
    -
    11 setups so far that I'm willing to say make the cut as I stand behind these ones.
    -
    Technically I've got some in the works that I've just got to determine if I want to include and meet my standards to justify being part of a pack.
    -
    90Hp Piccolina
    100hp Mirmar
    160hp Mirmar
    125hp New Pessima FWD (stock engine)
    Barstow with a custom V8 that makes 360hp and revs decently high, very fun but might need revison
    K-Series 260hp RWD Manual (Original Engine)
    -
    ideas
    250hp Covet MR (mid engine)
    Lower HP Covet MR

Maybe a 220hp AWD I-Series

-

All of these vehicles have fine-tuned Racing suspention that's being attempted to work on roads @ West Coast, Utah and Italy for runs.
    -
    Set way softer then default, with damper and different sway bar fitment and or tuning, ride heights, custom diffs, stock transmissions (trying to use almost no racing transmissions), custom brake setups, Rims/Tires that aren't insane (sports or standard only, mostly sports) and alignment that compliments the vehicle's handling with the goal being drivability even if some of the setups are very aggressive.
    -
    Biggest downside to these suspension setups is BeamNG's limited spring pre-load on them, you can only set the ride heights so high for soft setups, the game has no in-between like semi-racing or some kind of middle ground with customization for less track orientated custom builds. Otherwise I could/maybe would make stuff even softer.

No rally suspension isn't ideal or available on every car, I don't like that either for much of the opposite reasons, it's often even less ideal.
    (I prefer to be able to adjust the dampers to change the car's behavior)
    -
    I am running short of ideas for setups.
    (please note I don't like making much over 300hp as it becomes hard to tune for BeamNG's less then amazing sports compound, so don't ask me to setup stuff with insane power to weight ratios, everything is strictly setup with the intent to be used on complex and technical roads with or without others to run with)

-

-
    --- Post updated ---
    Also let me know if there is interest in stuff below 160hp that isn't extremely light weight

Like 120-160hp FWD configs and stuff that's very lightly tuned but very plug and play for decent setups to take down a run.

I'm hesitant to put too much effort into these setup types if it relies more on content already in the game and is only a simple tune on something that's already almost great from the get go. I do enjoy some very underpowered cars sometimes. I rarely drive much over 220hp a lot of the time.

Once you hit about 170hp (1100-1400kg) most things greatly benefit from a more hands on approach with more intense modifications.

#7 KennyWah, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/resources/projekt-config.24466/
    --- Post updated ---
    I've recently tried my setups at the Nordy(Green Hell) and I'm quite pleased with the results, really put them to the test in a different way. Sure not all of them are amazing but I've tried to put together some awesome stuff.

If it doesn't get approved later today I'll post a Zip you can download and manually install here.

It's just 1.4mb, remember that you'll need RK customizable engines mod.

At the moment it's mostly FWD and AWD stuff and I'm going to need to put in more work on RWD setups as well as lower spec stuff across the board. But for now I am happy to say I think these should impress someone. Remember these are tuned more for BeamNG official content such as

Utah
    Italy
    West Coast USA

The setups might not meet compliance for roads on other maps.

9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I like Comic Sans

#9 KennyWah, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  10. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

This thread is now dead, please understand I am moving the discussion of this mod and it's progress/ideas here.
    --- Post updated ---
    @Fluffy Panda or other moderation team members, I'd appreciate it if this thread could be deleted in 48hrs. Basically give the thread watchers time to see what's here and have it deleted by Thursday.

11. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Please
    Delete
    This
    Thread
    It's
    Dead
    And
    I
    Don't
    Want
    it
    Anymore
    I've
    Moved
    DIscussion
    For
    This
    Topic
    Elsewhere
    Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice