WIP Polaris Island

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by KennyWah, Mar 21, 2016.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

So I'm gonna be me and break a rule.

I'm in the planning stages of making a new map but I don't have anything but an alpha level layout for it.

This isn't likely gonna be the be all end all layout of the map, but it's a start.

This doesn't mean all previous projects are on hold, cancelled or anything like that, just something to do so I can relax, sit back, and make some new content on the side.

#1 KennyWah, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Now I am looking forward to two different Polaris things. AMD Polaris, and Polaris Island. Looks cool, is the dotted line across the water an underwater tunnel? It would be cool to see one.

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

It's supposed to be a bridge, an underwater bridge would be impossible, you can't have a volume with no water in it under water in this game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Just as awesome, any general idea of what size the map will be?

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

2048x2048 I might increase road density to make it more interesting but that'll come more into play when the actually road map is done in-game, however right now I am researching stuff on PCs right now.
    --- Post updated ---
    So it's a little wonky, mirrored, and generally off.

Actual Reference used here.

#5 KennyWah, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

If you are a little worried with roads being off, you can pretty much nail it pretty easily:

1) Make your reference much larger (not a lot of quality needed so you can just resize your layout)

2) Look down on the map and make sure you are at scale (the grid in warning_material) really helps

3) Alt+tab between the editor and your image using your cursor as a reference to where everything is, or even your finger.

This way you can make a carbon copy of any road very quickly.

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

... that's what I've been doing, I am not worred about it being off, my reference is actually 2048x2048 I just took a screen cap at around 900x900 for the uploaded reference here. it's just a start and I did it late at night so I was tired as well.
    --- Post updated ---
    Progress might slow up for the next few days, or it might do the opposite, really depends.

I have caught a flu, more then a common cold.

My taste is off, my nose is just a touch runny, I am not coughing quite like a cold but just if my chest gets agitated by laughing for example.
    I'm sore all over, I have headaches, I'm weak to move, I'm hot'n'cold.

Ugh, make it stop. ,-,

8. Modzilla

Modzilla
    Expand Collapse

Does it come with a Polaris?

• Like Like x 2
  9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Progress might slow up for the next few days, or it might do the opposite, really depends.

I have caught a flu, more then a common cold.

My taste is off, my nose is just a touch runny, I am not coughing quite like a cold but just if my chest gets agitated by laughing for example.
    Umm no... it was just a name that poped into my head that I never even heard before until after.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice