1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Please Delete

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copunit12, Jan 30, 2017.

?

How do you want the vehicle Model Specifications spreadsheet's to look like in the wiki?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2017.
  1. The in-game vehicle selector order

75.0%
  2. Performance of each vehicle

4.2%
  3. Hybrid model

8.3%
  4. Keep as is

12.5%
  5. Other post in the comments.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

How do you want the vehicle Model Specifications spreadsheet's to look like? Currently its a bit of a mess and I'm wondering if I should go in a reorganize every page to fit a specific type or format.

If you want examples let me know

Edit I will end the voting on February 11th or when this post dies.

Edit 2: I will be counting vehicles such as the D15, D25 and D35 as separate vehicles and which ever one comes first will have all there versions first. This will make it easier to edit if new configurations in that section come out. The vehicles that are currently affected by this are the Gavril D series, H series, T series, Barstow and ETK 800 series. The ETK I series may be affected in the future.

#1 Copunit12, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Make sure to back up the original design :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

Where is this spreadsheet located? I can't find it in the Wiki and have never seen it before.

4. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

That Moonhawk one took me 3 hours to sort out and its gonna take me at least 12 hours to fix the D-Series performance table....its broken....BADLY!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. quintto

quintto
    Expand Collapse

what do you mean with hybrid model?

7. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Kinda how the current grand Marshall spreadsheet is.
    Edit: Just to add. For certain vehicles like the sunburst for example. To put all the police cars together, to put the factory versions together and high end custom versions together.

#7 Copunit12, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Based on the 20 votes this poll has gotten I'll be closing this poll and fixing all the wiki spreadsheets that need it. They will be in line with the in-game vehicle selector. I'll also keep a eye on all the vehicles for this. Thanks everyone for voting.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just a final notice, I have updated the wiki. To some people, The damage has been done. To others, Its now organised.

9. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Due to community backlash I will stop updating the wiki page. This will be my last post on this topic.

#9 Copunit12, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What backlash? I personally like the idea.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

The wiki editors backlash. Its harder than expected to standardized all the vehicles in the wiki for slightly easier reading ability's. Apparently it makes editing the vehicles 2% harder.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The backlash is mostly over you removing valid info. Masses are treated by the game in kilos so why would you remove kilos from the table and replace it with lbs? Particularly with lbs being the unit of preference for the USA only and all other countries using kilos and most beamng users not being in the USA.

13. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Simple answer: lbs and kilos combined, so maybe like, "The Sport version weighs 176 lbs, or 324 kilos."

14. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I never removed the kilos and switched it to lbs. I never touched the weights. IF anything the spread sheet messes up and flips it. I only moved the weights when I attempted to reorganized the sheet.
    upload_2017-2-7_15-5-40.png
    upload_2017-2-7_15-6-53.png

#14 Copunit12, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that on some pages it would seem that lbs used to be put in brackets next to the kg mass, however RobertGracie has been removing them all. Not entirely sure why having conversions in brackets is a bad thing. Especially considering that BeamNG can be configured to use whatever the user prefers.

Using the Bruckell LeGran as an example:
    • spec table was added to page (containing both data from the start) however kg was in the brackets
    • 2nd February: Robert Gracie removed lbs (imo should have just swapped kg and lbs, not removed lbs entirely)
    • 6th of February: copunit12 added differential data to the table
    • 5 hours later Robert Gracie reverts the wiki page back to before that data was added erasing that information which seemed valid imo

I honestly can't tell what is happening or why here? The information added by copunit12 seemed valid and useful, but for some reason it was reverted.

^ The above red information is wrong ^
    Robert Gracie actually added the differential values onto the page, but then reverted back to before they were added for some reason?

You can view the timeline for yourself here: index.php

EDIT: The forum keeps converting that page to the wiki homepage for some reason, go to the following link and click the history button at the bottom: Bruckell_LeGran

In other wiki pages the revisions do make sense though. For example where you have switched the order when they were already placed in performance order.

#15 aljowen, Feb 7, 2017
  16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, @RobertGracie . I don't know a kilos and lbs conversion...

:mad:

17. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I really don't know why people are saying I changed the kilos to lbs. I'm looking at the changes i made and all i did was move them along with the vehicle configs to be in line with the ingame vehicle selector.

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well the backlash there would be because they were placed in performance order before hand. Which makes more sense and I think is a valid reason to roll back the edits. However imo the modifications you have made to add data to the wiki tables should be transferred over such as where you added differential data into the wiki pages.

EDIT:
    My bad, turns out RobertGracie added that information in. So yeah, I can see why your changes were reverted, it makes sense. However I think (lbs) should be added back into the pages inside brackets as secondary data since it is useful for a large amount of people.

19. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I'm now even more stumped on this problem. Should I go in and remove every change I have ever made on the wiki?
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually no they were't the sunburst is a good example. If thats the case the Police sunburst should be way back and the police rs should be in front of the Gendarmerie.

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Probably not, since you may end up undoing someone else's work in the process that has been made since your edit. Plus I have no idea what your entire history of contributions are. Maybe some of it is very useful. As far as I can tell the modifications that you made that were not wanted have already been undone by Robert Gracie.

I should also add that no one should be throwing hate at Robert Gracie, he does a lot of very good work on the wiki.
    --- Post updated ---
    In which case it would seem they should be, however there are a lot of vehicles that have been modified and I have only looked at a small number of them to try and see what is happening.

I want to make it clear that I am not throwing any shade in your direction, having looked further in other wiki pages you have made positive contributions. Changing the order however doesn't seem to be one that other people agreed with and as such they were reverted, which isn't a big deal, it happens. It is also possible that if you made other changes in the same edit that they may have also been removed since you can't revert half of a modification but not the rest.

If you think that other modifications you made were useful then feel free to port them back forward without the ones that were reverted. If you think they might be a little controversial just send another contributor to that page a PM about it.

#20 aljowen, Feb 7, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice