Unsolved polygons vertices edges etc... 3D designer help for Beam mods

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Gkeefer9, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Gkeefer9

Gkeefer9
    Expand Collapse

Good morning. I am new to programming (actually new to gaming in general) but have been a 3D designer and professional architectural renderer for years. Recently fell in love with this game and would like to make some mods. I have a few cars I have designed and rendered over the years, but of course these were for rendering not gaming and the structure and polygon count is much to high and I will need to strip them down to optimize for gaming and soft body dynamics.

What are some good guidelines for design for mods into BeamNG.drive? (Polygon count, scale, secondary objects, tires,wheels, etc)
    Can I use a good existing BeamNG car as a rig and build my body around those parameters and just tweak code values or do i have to code from scratch? (suspension engine trans etc) I am not scared of editing existing code but i just want to go from 3D to something useable and not get bogged down in correct syntax.

I use Cinema 4D, but I read the one thread about vehicle creation (the tug) and it is all in blender, is there any issues using Cinema to create mods for BeamNG? If so can i just model in cinema and import to blender for UV mapping and getting my beams/nodes?

I apologize for the barrage of noob questions, but I am very interested in this game would love to make some of my car and environment models come to life in beamng.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi , welcome here !

There is no problem to use our cars as base for your mod, all jbeam parts can be adjusted afterward to fit your mesh , if you chose a similar base , it's not that complicated :) About your mesh , you can use the program you want to create it, the only requirement is to have a .dae mesh in the end ingame.
    Some of these wiki article can maybe help you a bit on the process ( https://wiki.beamng.com/Vehicle_Creation_Megapage ), and don't hesitate to ask if you have any question, we have talented guys on the community who can help you too :)

3. Gkeefer9

Gkeefer9
    Expand Collapse

This is great! Ill need a long while to go through all these resources. going to make a very basic practice mod then trying to tackle my rear wheel single trike car. I have not found any mods that have one. Thanks for the help- im sure ill be back with loads more questions.

Attached Files:

• unnamed.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  4. firelover

firelover
    Expand Collapse

Morgan 3wheeler in BeamNG ?

#4 firelover, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gkeefer9

Gkeefer9
    Expand Collapse

cleaning up my high poly version then making a low poly. did the jbeam excersize and the coding seemed to be a lot easier than getting the file structure right. Got that all sorted out now. My vehicle (the deuce) has a roll cage so i plan to export a low poly beams and nodes of the roll cage and the medium poly body as the flexbody? can I make the beams and nodes have basic geometry to visualize the roll cage or would I end up just having issues with it coming through the body panels?

Attached Files:

• DetailsAO2.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice