WIP Pontiac Trans Am 1977-78

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Elvisnake, Aug 10, 2013.

1. everlast

everlast
    Expand Collapse

"What do you use for rendering, V-ray?"

Usualy V-ray,but here for fast render Keyshot. And yeah, i know you will make it (this pleasure for you), but i don't have the time and just want to give you one big "up". I will waiting for the final car from you. All the best!
    ;)

2. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Ah keyshot, the designer's friend^^

I suggest you to try V RED:
    rx8test.jpeg

And yes I know I take a lot of time to make my projects, your interrest is very good for motivation ;)

3. everlast

everlast
    Expand Collapse

I think Keyshot and Bunkspeed are the best for my pourposes. Vred is not for me :p

4. wreckerboy05

wreckerboy05
    Expand Collapse

Re: [WIP] Pontiac Trans Am 1979

me too

5. Laupstad

Laupstad
    Expand Collapse

Huge fan of your work so far mate! I used to own a 75 Trans Am so if you got any questions just shoot. I see you got the unibody/subframe debacle cleared up. The 1981 Camaro pictures Gabester linked you are great references as most of their construction is the same except Pontiac had their own engines (Or Oldsmobile engines in some cars, but not Chevy smallblock!). The most important interior difference between a Camaro and a Trans Am is the dash cluster, where the Camaro has some fake wood-grain the Trans Am has rose-polished aluminum. Also, the shaker scoop is so-called because it is actually mounted directly to the airfilter-unit and shakes on idle/leans to the left when you step on it. It'd be very cool if you could include that!
    I'm impressed by how well it did in the crash test though, looks like it snapped the subframe connectors (Two bolts each side) and the front end just folded up on itself rather than completely collapsing the A-pillars like I expected it to! I guess a T-Top car would bend the body more though, this was a solid roof car.
    Please don't take any of this badly, I just really like these cars and I want to help you make it better!

Edit: Such a huge fan of the T/A I made my first post after 1.5 years of lurking!

6. edwardo

edwardo
    Expand Collapse

i believe this is correct for the year

Attached Files:

• transamDash1.JPG
  7. everlast

everlast
    Expand Collapse

Something like this

Attached Files:

• dashboard2.png
  8. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

@everlast

Do you want make my project with a Forza mesh? Or publish in my thread 10 ugly renders of Turn 10's model?:rolleyes:

@Laupstad

No offense at all it's always good to see somebody with constructive commentary like you. It's also very cool to read the vocabulary because English isn't my maternal language as you can read.
    For the
    shaker scoop, the test that I make in game with older mesh do that thing: the scoop move because it's on the motor beam. Gabester have make an amazing work on this.

I wonder if you can send me a board with the different motorisations, detailed the values of torque and power depending of the rotation per minutes? If yes it's should be amazing :)

Thanks for your support

9. Laupstad

Laupstad
    Expand Collapse

The Special Edition Trans Am, introduced in 1976, only came in Black/Gold, or Gold/Black from 78, and had gold accents inside and out, not the other ones. The Bandit is driving a black Special Edition in the Smokey & the Bandit films. Earlier in the thread there is a rendering of a red/black Trans Am, which would not have gold accents. But according to the first rendering, this does indeed look like a gold accented Special Edition. Both kinds of SE pictured as well as a normal T/A, your interior shots show the differences inside. Thanks!
    ar.jpg as.jpg av.jpg
    Edit: Finding the engine values should be doable, I'll see what I can come up with. The standard engines aren't gonna that impressive in 78 though. Do you want specs for all the engines, not just the "6.6 litre" 403 Olds (There is also a T/A 6.6, 455, a couple of 350's and a V6)?
    Here's some more reference material regarding the difference between SE and normal: http://www.78ta.com/special.php

#189 Laupstad, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  10. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this precision. Normally the final car should be tunable and the gamer should be able to add or remove the stickers and differents parts like the rollcage. Technicaly it's possible to have all the differents spec of this car, including some tuning parts. Like that you can drive the firebird or the trans am in one project.

So if you can find the specs of all engines it's really helpful;)

11. Laupstad

Laupstad
    Expand Collapse

I'll do what I can to find complete torque curves, but at least you know what to search for as well now! (Also, the 455 wasn't there in 78, my mistake) ;)

Edit: I got slightly cartoon-ish torque graph for the T/A 6.6, but it looks pretty accurate (Pontiac 400 engine, not Oldsmobile 403. The Olds engine was for California cars for emissions). I'll see what I else I can come up with, studying YouTube dyno runs seems to be the most reliable way of getting realistic torque curves, but its too late for that now!
    78ta66a.gif
    I love those plans of yours!
    Max hp/torque for all engines here: (Removed, I'm tired and linked you Chevy specs. I'll get on it tomorrow!)
    Gear ratios for transmissions and rear ends here: http://www.texastransams.com/articles/top_speed_calculator.htm
    Long legged ratios but all the torque at idle.

#191 Laupstad, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  12. everlast

everlast
    Expand Collapse

"Do you want make my project with a Forza mesh? Or publish in my thread 10 ugly renders of Turn 10's model?"

I M A O
    :) And no - i won't make your project, but i will waiting for the final release. About for Forza mesh and ugly renders - i don't try to make good,perfect or etc. renders and i don't take your project - trying to help with some things (no real pics), but i see that you are abused and i will stop no problem. And by the way...:p Good luck

13. joes123

joes123
    Expand Collapse

Sweet looking trans am can't wait til its done and just saying for a next project try do a fiero cause that would be pretty sweet too.

14. Arbiter343GS

Arbiter343GS
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait to see it! I own a '78 Trans Am myself.

15. crashman50

crashman50
    Expand Collapse

AWESOME,tranz am,cant wait :D

16. edwardo

edwardo
    Expand Collapse

Any updates elvisnake?

17. BulletNinja42

BulletNinja42
    Expand Collapse

I know it's been said before, but it's because of Smokey and the Bandit that I hope to GOD that you add a T-top version as well.. Though I wont be mad if you don't, it still looks fantastic and I can't wait to see it in game :)

18. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

This is really one of my most anticipated mods but I don't think it will ever see the artificial light of a beamng map.

19. Geldingmakr

Geldingmakr
    Expand Collapse

Nice! real Life or not, I look forward to downloading this to my house to play in game!:eek:

20. reimo12

reimo12
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry for asking but, are there any updates i just can't wait to crush it :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice