Unsolved Poor man's 8x8

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by mano11, Oct 1, 2018.

  1. mano11

    mano11
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2015
    Messages:
    31
    I tried posting this in the content creation section, and got over 180 views but not one person responded to me so I figured I'd try here.

    Basically I have a version of the old AR162B trailerpack mod for the D-series that includes gooseneck trailers that I have kept and fixed some texture problems as they arose and made small changes like increasing the hitch strength. This is the older style of the mod where the trailer is still a "part" added on to the truck, not it's own vehicle. I received help on here last time from Capkirk in adding differentials to the axles on the gooseneck trailer, so you can lock everything up and have an eight wheel drive vehicle.

    Long story short: The insanely long overhang and beaver tail on the trailer heavily impeded offroad progress. I edited the springs as much as I could to try and gain ride height, but there was only so much I could do. So, today, I spent the entire afternoon learning how to edit the jbeam structure and use blender to chop off that pesky overhang, and I finally got the new mesh matched up with the edited jbeam well enough to a point that doesn't bother me anymore, but I have some problems.

    The very rear face of the new offroad flatbed deck part I made (and "cargobase" which is part of the flatbed mesh) has a texture that is all warped out of place and no matter what I do I can't figure out how to fix it. Also, the rear tail lights are positioned as if they are still on the long version, even though I made new ones for the new part I created that match up with it. The license plate doesn't match up either which is kind of an annoyance, but it can also just be deleted.

    Another issue I'm having is with tires/wheels. In a quest for more ride height/traction on the trailer, I have tried everything I could think of to try and give the trailer the option to equip more common D-series wheels to run all terrain tires, but everything I have attempted so far has resulted in the tires appearing in the wrong area or breaking the mod. Any help with any of these issues would be much appreciated! The file is included in case you would like to look for yourself at the DAE I made. Every jbeam file and mesh i made ends with "offroad". Thank you in advance
     

    Attached Files:

    #1 mano11, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. mano11

    mano11
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2015
    Messages:
    31
    Still can't figure out how to fix the tail lights or alter the tires. Does anyone have any answers?
     
  3. mano11

    mano11
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2015
    Messages:
    31
    Coming back to this after letting it sit for awhile. Still stuck and looking for help.
     
  4. carlo musumeci

    carlo musumeci
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2018
    Messages:
    51
    Can you fix the van cargo box trail fount doors because all beamng wheels get grabbed
     
  5. mano11

    mano11
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2015
    Messages:
    31
    I've noticed this problem too, but I've had no luck fixing it unfortunately
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice