1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Possible GTX 1060 Bottleneck?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TeenWolf896, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TeenWolf896

TeenWolf896
    Expand Collapse

*I'm not a huge computer expert, so keep that in mind if you're going to talk 0's and 1's (English please)* So I recently built my own gaming desktop in late August, and it was able to run BeamNG quite well. My previous setup consisted of this: i5 6600k, MSI Afterburner GTX 950 2GB, Corsair Spec 02 Case, Gigabyte B150 Micro ATX Motherboard, Seagate 1TB hard drive, Windows 10 booted on an ADATA 128GB m.2 SSD, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, EVGA 500w 80+ bronze power supply, and G.SKILL ripjaw V series 8GB RAM. My basic test for speed was spawning in the base model of the Gavril truck, and with the GTX 950, I was able to achieve 6 trucks on the flat Gridmap at a solid 60FPS until the 7th truck dropped me down to a solid 45FPS. After receiving a Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB for Christmas and replacing the GTX 950 with it, I didn't see any difference at all with the same exact test. To clarify (Both GTX 950 and 1060), I am running the game on High Settings without Dynamic Reflection enabled and in Windowed-Borderless mode. I also have everything running on Performance (Battery settings, etc) and my Drivers are updated to the newest version. Not exactly sure if a graphics card twice the size and with twice the fans, not to mention a basic 3GB>2GB of VRAM will run identical to a graphics card $50-60 cheaper. I also don't see too much of a difference with other games with even more processing power required to run compared to BeamNG either. I'm really not sure if it's the graphics card, motherboard, or simple settings in my computer I need to change, but any help would be appreciated.

2. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Did you uninstall the old driver and install the driver for your GTX 1060? That's a decent card and with those settings you should be getting 60+ FPS also try disabling Vsync and see if your FPS goes up.

3. TeenWolf896

TeenWolf896
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, no I did not uninstall the old driver, I guessed that the computer would do it automatically. I do know for a fact that the PC knows it's a GTX 1060 though, would it still need to be manually uninstalled? EDIT: It looks as though the previous GTX 950 was automatically uninstalled as for the 1060 has taken it's place in the control panel > display adapters.

4. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Right. Open control panel, go to Programs And Features, then find Nvidia Graphics Driver, uninstall it. Then download this and install it.

5. TeenWolf896

TeenWolf896
    Expand Collapse

I still see no improvements after uninstalling and installing the download from the link you provided me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice