Possible to buy a model and then Jbeam it into BeamNG?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Shdggsdv, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Shdggsdv

Shdggsdv
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys! So I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase a model such as this: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/chevrolet-corvette-car-3d-model/318075

And then learn my way through putting it into BeamNG properly through Jbeaming and whatnot? I do fully know that this is the hardest part and am willing to do it, just not the modeling because I can't seem to get the hang of it. So, is this possible?

(P.s. Main reason I'm willing to spend the money is to have a 2ndgen C3 Corvette, because I have fallen in love with them.)

2. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

You can. However, the model likely needs to have the whole underbody modeled. Also, it is ridiculously high-poly. You would have to drop the polycount a huge amount to get it to work without HUGE amounts of lag.

3. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

It's certainly possible, but perhaps not your best option. There are a lot of skilled modders in this community. You might be able to "hire" someone to make the car for you. It might be a bit more expensive, but commissioning someone with experience to build the mod for you would be a much better option. They would be able to make the car behave realistically in-game. Either option would work, and both seem way too pricey to be logical.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Bad Idea. That model is probably turbosmoothed, and that doesn't really go well if you want proper deformation.

5. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

You can give me the 100 bucks and I'll make you the model /s

6. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

SoHigh00's one of the best model makers this site has. Just saying, if you wanna pay for a model, talk to SoHigh.

p.s. SoHigh, if he pays you, i request 12% of the profit for my promoting of you.

7. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Haha nah. All my money.

8. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

But...but... :c

9. Shdggsdv

Shdggsdv
    Expand Collapse

I'll definitely consider this. Although; I won't be commissioning it until some time around December or January.

10. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

I wasnt really serious in the previous posts...I would do it but I am quie busy atm. But there may be other people you could ask :)

11. Dezervon

Dezervon
    Expand Collapse

I had the exact same question and then discovered this thread.

I would love to have this model done for BeamNG drive and I´d like to know if there is anyone here that could do it for me and what would be the pricetag for all the hassle, if I buy the model:

http://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/nissan-terrano-pathfinder-1993-3d-model

I have asked for help in another thread ( Looking-for-a-modeler ) and received very helpful replies. Couple of possible problems were eplxained, that could arise tho:

The model has 450,000k polys - need to bring them down

The model doesn't appear to have any chassis - necessary to either model it, or if permitted, could use the Gavril D-series chassis by Gabester.

Its presumably one solid piece - necessary to create bonnet, doors, wings etc.

I own that type of car and really love it. Would be epic, if the end result would look like my actual car.

thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• 2014-08-12 12.41.1811.jpg
  12. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

I recall reading something on humster3d.com that you can get a non turbosmoothed version of the car upon request. That might help in that area.

13. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Are you serious about it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice