1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Pre-Race start up error (Pixel Shader 1.1)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by JAM3SwGAM3S, Jun 26, 2014.

1. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

I just installed BeamNG Pre-Race on my laptop but when i start up the game i get an arror "Failed to Initilize Direct3D! Make sure you have DirectX 9 Installed, and are running a graphics card that supports Pixel Shader 1.1."

The GPU in the laptop is a Radeon 6770M

Before starting the game i installed DirectX. I ran DxDiag and it said that Direct3D was Enabled on the GPU but didnt mention anything about if the GPU supported Pixel Shader 1.1
    I looked online to see if the AMD 6770M supported Pixel Shader but couldnt find any helpfull info.

If you could help that would be great. Thanks in advance

2. Proadox

Proadox
    Expand Collapse

I got that error many times with my 7650m. It only started happening after I updated my video drivers to the latest versions. Since AMD is so great and stuff, it completely broke my Catalyst Control Center, Switchable Graphics and started giving me that error in any game I tried to run. The only alternative(s) I found was to look for a custom video driver or revert to the default driver the GPU came with.

3. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Proadox for your reply,
    I did as much as i could to get it to work but unfortunately no luck. I updated GPU drivers, reinstalled DX9 and restarted the laptop but still didn't work.
    Id try to create my own drivers but have absolutely no experience doing so and wouldn't have a clue what to do haha.

#3 JAM3SwGAM3S, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. Proadox

Proadox
    Expand Collapse

Ah, about custom drivers, I just googled it and found one. IIRC my search terms were "Radeon HD 7650m custom driver 14.4"(14.4 being the latest drivers available from AMD). Good luck to you, mate. :)

5. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Ah thanks for the help :D Lets hope the custom drivers work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice