1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Preload Part Submenus?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mrwallace888, Nov 22, 2020.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

While I enjoy the idea of being able to make it so that I can manually apply parts all at once instead of it doing it automatically every time I pick a part, it's a bit broken.

Certain parts can either create, change, or remove their submenus (such as front differential>wheels>tyres) in the process, and applying the parts is when it changes these submenus.

Obviously, this can cause problems. So is it possible to make it so the submenus are preloaded so you can change submenu stuff on the fly without having to apply first in order to verify the submenus?

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Submenus are broken in general ever since 0.20. They are now based on the "parent" part now instead of the "child" parts like they did before and I think that's what is causing it. Even if the "parent" has just the slots header but no sub-slots, the game will think there is a sub-menu there, and if the part is not fully loaded yet it won't see the sub-menu even if it's there, this is annoying. I hope it can get fixed because even official vehicles suffer from this a bit, and mods do A LOT more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice