Unsolved PressureWheels tyre sizes

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Inertia, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am currently very confused as to how to get accurate ingame tyre and wheel sizes. I see in many jbeams that the tyre size (eg 255/40/R18) has the pressurewheel tireWidth of 0.235, yet other ones such as 225/50/R17 have a tireWidth of 0.195. I want my wheels and tyres to be as realistic as possible, so what do I have to use for 295/30 and 345/30?

2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Did you check the wiki?

3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

No I deliberately didn't because I hate trying to find information.

yes i checked the wiki

• Like Like x 1
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

My guess is that what you are seeing is difference in tire width and contact patch width. Contact patch is about that much smaller than tire's width which again is width from sidewall to sidewall.

I did measure 185 tire's contact patch being roughly 165 wide once, so I would go with that info. There actually was some website which offered tire size conversions where you could see also contact patch width, but that was almost 10 years ago, I don't know if such still exists.

5. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah good point, I have for the moment just used what seems to match with the model but I'd really like it to be properly accurate.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If we look at the Wiki it says "Radius of tire tread (meters)" so that is quite certain we have to use tread width instead of tire width.

My old brain claims to me that tread width varies from tire to tire, you could have two 255 wide tires and their tread width might not be perfectly same, so some research of tire in question might be needed.

For those who might stumble here later, this site has some information, when you browse their tires, you can see what kind of widths tires have and pick best suitable value:
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice