1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Probably broken downloads counter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Ai'Torror, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

https://www.beamng.com/resources/v10-car-pack.3013

I think that either the download counter is broken, or someone is just racking the downloads for some reason. There is no way that this mod has gotten 70k downloads in only about 2 months from the first release and with only one or 2 videos on Youtube actually featuring it. Another thing that proves that the download counter might be broken is that russians didn't even bother with stealing this mod.

2. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

wtf.png

Yeah I noticed the same thing this morning. All top 5 mods were there for ages and suddenly this no-name Dutch license plate mod that had very little downloads comes in and takes the 2nd place. I checked all kinds of keywords on google and it wasn't featured anywhere.

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This is really getting out of hand... Yesterday evening it was at 70k and now it has gotten to over 90k! (The version downloads did go up barely (maybe like 10 download more if even).
    Repo download also didn't really change, but the total download suddenly has jumped by 20k...
    I want to gain my place in the mod leaderboard legitimately and not by some weird forum bug.

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

@tdev
    Could you check it? Total downloads are going sky high at the moment, but the version downloads are staying basically where they were.

5. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

6. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is something sketchy about those numbers, I think that at some point I might of read something about download counters being fixed, but with my memory it can be as well the Smurfs.

Anyway even my mod seems to have numbers wrong by thousands https://www.beamng.com/resources/t75-drifter.2091/historyImproved so I guess they all are off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice