Unsolved Problem with aligning suspension

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by mehio, Jul 13, 2018.

1. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    im building a car and so far i have the body.jbeam from the miramar which i edited with the BNEditor.
    Now Im trying to add suspension using the editor. So when i import the miramar_suspension_F jbeam into the editor it doesnt line up with my mesh so i select all the nodes of the suspension and "move" them and scale them into place but whenever i load the game or click REFRESH in the editor,SOME of the suspension nodes that i moved and scaled return to their original place whereas the others stay where i moved them.
    Any idea why this is happening?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. BeamDrifter

BeamDrifter
    Expand Collapse

Did you save your Jbeam? If you didn't, that's probably the problem.

3. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

i did but whenever i load it in the game OR press refresh in the editor you can see that some of the nodes that i moved seem to go back to their original place whereas the other nodes that i moved remain where i moved them

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Probably issue with naming, you have some part for example that overrides part that you think you are using, but in fact game is using part with same name that just is loaded later.

Another possibility is that part has definition of said nodes, which is then overriding original node definition.

Adding your name mehio at end of part definition name should help. (I don't mean name:"" field, but name that game uses parts internally like carbody {} ).

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

After reading issue again, I think I understood bit wrong previously.

BNeditor is bit buggy and it tends to do that, it does not save even it should.

Editing values with Notepad++ and saving should help to that, but that means you need to write new coordinates of nodes manually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice