Solved Problem with model in blender

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by buddylevi03, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. buddylevi03

buddylevi03
    Expand Collapse

After attempting to add cross-bracing beams, unwanted faces have shown up, and I can't seem to select them either.
    problem.png

UPDATE: I've finally figured out I need to select all the vertices of the face in order to delete the face, and I've restarted my progress on this mod anyway

#1 buddylevi03, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Is this your model or node beam structure? Generally they are two separate things.

If you change to face mode and click on face, it should select it just fine, then hit x and select delete face only. You might need to hit button that is after (right side of) face mode button to enable selecting behind the surface.

3. buddylevi03

buddylevi03
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't make the n/b structure and model separate, because of my lack of skill in Blender, I converted it from Sketchup
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, so I've selected everything to get rid of the faces. Does this look right?
    maybe.png

4. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

If you plan on making that the Jbeam structure, you need to add much more structural support beams throughout the inside of it. Also, the wheels wells have a bit too many vertices, you probably only need a few. (Also, it is much too large. Try importing the .dae's of official vehicles to get a sense of scale for how large your vehicle should be.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Open some of the official car's zip file and unpack it to some work folder.

Open this folder *yourSteamdir*\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\utils\editor from there you will find BNEditor.exe launch that, then file-> Open, find and open that some of official car's jbeam file which you did unpack in first step.

You can then get better idea of how to build node/beam structure.

Note that not whole car is in single file, you need to open suspension files and body, possible frame etc. individually to see whole of the car.

There is also example car in bneditor's folder which is useful to open as it shows you how to add colors to beams, which makes it bit easier to see things.

Also it might be helpful to do first simple structures of nodes and beams, then put those in game, to get feeling of how things work, complete car is quite challenging, especially suspension and suspension to body mounting, so it can be demotivatingly frustrating to try to make whole car at beginning project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. buddylevi03

buddylevi03
    Expand Collapse

I think I'll just upload it as a base model for other mods

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice