Problems creating parked vehicles with the Sites Editor

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by ltntai, Sep 24, 2022.

1. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Notes during making parking spots to Las Colinilas de Vapor mod (may contain huge user errors):

- Shift-Drag to create new spots does not work, must use a template file from an official map to get started.
    - Creating new spots with the template works (Shift-Click), but saving new spots creates a rubbish city.sites.json (below) that the game can't read. It adds quotation marked numbering to spots, and uses curly brackets where square brackets are needed.
    - Tags do nothing, I thought they could be used to sort the list.
    - Fine rotating spots with Ctr gets awful after they are aligned to the normal of the terrain.

It's a great addition to the game. Maybe include veiled dealer cars with physics to the parked car inventory. Also some kind of barn find car pool that won't refresh and change the cars after loading the map would be neat.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Hey!
    I have manually fixed your file and it seems to work now. I'm not sure what's the reason why this happened but I'll keep an eye on sites editor.
    BeamNGdrivex64_F3qOt8EMUf.png
    Make sure to rename file to city.sites.json

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. File saving works now after the 0.26.2 hotfix.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

Im also having some trouble with my parked cars. I have a city.sites.json file set up in the root of my map folder. I used a working game maps files as a reference. If load my map and then load in AI traffic none of the parking spots work. BUT if I go to the sites editor and manually load my city.sites.json file and then spawn traffic, my parking spots work perfectly fine. Can anyone tell me what im missing to have the sites.json automatically load in with the map\traffic? Or is there another file that references the city.sites.json?

5. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Are you on the latest hotfix (0.26.2)? This issue was fixed in the last update ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

I was fully updated. I seemed to have fixed my issue after trying all sorts of things. I think one of the times I went to save my city.sites.json file I was accidentally in the Zones tab and not the Parking Spots tab while hitting save. I had not created any Zones at all in the Site Editor. Although, I noticed when I was looking at my file and comparing it to known working file; that my maps sites.json had an incomplete Zones section added at the end which broke my file. Once I closed the Zones section or just fully removed it, the Parking Spots worked as normal without having to manually load the sites.sjon into the editor. So its fixed now, but thank you for the response.

Not sure if this is helpful to you, but since the in-game Site Editor save function is what broke my file perhaps this will be useful. Below is what the end of my city.sites.json file looked like when it was broken from saving in the zones tab with no Zones:
    Code:
          ],
          "spotAmount":1,
          "spotDirection":"Left",
          "spotOffset":0,
          "spotRotation":0
        }
      ],
      "zones":{}
    }

below is what I am currently using and works as normal, where I completely removed the Zones section:
    Code:
          ],
        }
      ]
    }

and lastly below is what also works as normal after I manually edited the file to close the Zones section (but I am not using since I am not using Zones):
    Code:
          ],
        }
      ],
      "zones":[
      ]
    }

#6 23Terrabytes, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  7. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice