Solved problems with adding powetrain to old mod

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JBatic, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Hello I have been busy the last few weeks updating the bronco I am working on. I am having issues with overhauling the engine jbeam, I have added all the necessary parts that I know of and am now battling with syntax issues. the current issue I know of is near line 203 according to the console however I am sure there is more considering the amount of stuff I changed.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I haven't tried it out but this should fix the problem.
    You simply forget a }, at the end of the stck intake part. Instructions and guidance in photo.
    fix.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Look above CreasingCurve's second red arrow... "bronco_framecab is missing the trailing double-quote. It should be "bronco_framecab". You should also move the square bracket up behind that... it's just poor formatting and it makes it harder for you to work on your own file. The same problems are actually both present at the first red arrow as well now that I look. EDIT: and of course fix the stuff CreasingCurve pointed out.

Looks like I've got an important tip for you both! How to enable proper highlighting in Notepad++

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks! will fix as soon as I can:D
    --- Post updated ---
    I fixed it but it is not loading and it says that there is an error near line 202 or 203

Attached Files:

5. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Use json or javascript language in notepad++, under the languages menu. It will show some syntax errors by color, can be helpful, and helps with readability.

Another suggestion is to regularly reload the vehicle and check the console to chase down parsing errors as you go, even if the vehicle isn't going to work.

#5 Goosah, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I fixed it but it is not loading and it says that there is an error near
    tried both but I think the error is with {,},[,], characters because this is largely a copy-paste from the d15 yet it doesn't work :confused:

7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@JBatic This should do it
    Explanation in picture
    fix2.png

8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

still getting the error in that general area between the 460 stock intake and the supercharger :confused:

Attached Files:

9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

You didn't do what i said above
    follow this.

fix584001.png

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks for putting up with my stupidity :p it spawns now but sevral parts are not showing up in the part selector. the parts that are not working are the radiator the 351 engine and any transmission but the slots and parts match up so I dont know what is wrong with it now
    ps I need to remake the default one so you need to add parts manually

Attached Files:

11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

does anyone know why it is doing this?:confused:

12. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

... because the engines file is a mess? :(

Do you understand the idea of nesting, or one set of parenthesis/brackets being "inside" another? eg:
    Code:
    "outside": {
        "inside":{
            "stuff-that's-even-further-inside_1":"value",
            "stuff-that's-even-further-inside_2":"another value",
            "stuff-that's-even-further-inside_3":1300,
        },
    }
    That's pretty key here and I can't do much for you without it. If you *do* understand that I can tell you that your nesting is messed up, you've got stuff pasted all over the place. If you do understand nesting then it's likely that your mistakes are due to a lack of highlighting tools. I assume that you've take my advice and Goosah's advice and fixed your highlighting, right? I've attached two screenshots of what the example code snippit above should look like in a properly highlighted jbeam/json file. In the first screenshot I'm "working" on a value and we can see that this line is highlighted in blue and to the far left the bracketed code section in which I'm working is denoted in red. In the second screenshot we can see that I've placed my cursor next to a bracket and both that bracket and it's matching/mating bracket are colored red. These are key tools which will help you avoid the type of mistakes you have been making. If you don't have this setup yet... go do it before you read any further.

Compare the location of stuff in the pickup's pickup_engine_v8.jbeam (located in the common.zip file under /vehicles/) with the location of stuff in bronco_engine_v8.jbeam and you'll see what's going on. I've attached a screenshot with all of the parts collapsed using the little +/-, this shows the general problem in this case: = you've got a bunch of stuff which should be nested inside parts but is not. Refer to the official pickup engine files for proper formatting.

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-4-28_22-35-57.png
    • upload_2017-4-28_22-38-11.png
    • upload_2017-4-28_22-43-23.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I am so stupid I will fix this tomorrow since it is midnight here

14. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

The only thing "stupid" would be to keep working without the right tools.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

re formatted the file and fixed what I found wrong but the engine still wont work so I need a little more help

Attached Files:

16. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

1. Check your console / logs - there are relevant errors. You don't have nodes assigned to the correct groups (engine, coolant cap). I don't think that this would prevent the engine from cranking though.
    2. You probably just need to take another look at what you have vs the official Pickup.

17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

fixed some more stuff but could this be of use?
    upload_2017-4-30_11-43-46.png

Attached Files:

18. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I dont know whats wrong with this,as far as I know I have installed all the parts of the new system

19. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I'd say that a good troubleshooting step would be to hookup stock Pickup parts to your drivetrain. Does an official Pickup engine start and operate as expected when connected to your transmission etc?

20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

ok will try that
    plugged in the I6 jbeam since that eliminates any jbeam error in the engine,trans,or transfer case and now I need to take another look at the diffs because it appears that there is no driveshaft to connect them to the trans because the I6 is doing the same thing as my engines
    I6rwd powertrain
    upload_2017-5-3_19-54-12.png
    all this time I thought it was the engine but the driveshaft was missing the powertrain part so the rear works but the front doesn't and the diffs dont show up anymore except the 3.55 open diff

Attached Files:

#20 JBatic, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice