WIP ProjectIV v1.9a (GTAIV to BeamNG) [Performance Update]

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by utopiadeferred, Jul 11, 2021.

1. williamman2020

williamman2020
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

2. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

Nice job!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gabriel Pereira Saideles

Gabriel Pereira Saideles
    Expand Collapse

If you ever open a PayPal to support this awesome project, I would be more than pleased to throw a few dollars on your way :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

Haha, not in it for any money, purely for the educational aspect and the "prove its possible" aspect! Thank you though

• Like Like x 4
  5. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

I'm so pumped for it and it's pretty awesome to see someone who has the dedication to go above and beyond anyone's expectations. It was thought to be impossible or a long term project if someone were to try something like this. But this thread alone proves everyone who thought that way and proves anything is possible. Not to mention you're highly fast at converting the models which again, was thought to be impossible due to the large amount of assets. I tried to do something with the GTA V map (Los Santos) using only OpenIV, Zmodeler and Blender as well as paint.net.

But it looks as though you have all kinds of programs that i dont have to do what you need to do to speed up the process which is insane. Really, keep up the amazing work and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the finished product! This'll be, most likely, one of the biggest and most used maps in BeamNG, not to mention Los Santos too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

If I wasn't bouncing between IV, V, SA, and some other projects I would likely have IV multiplayer open beta out already (plus running out of RAM) but it really only has been a week or two so far! (and losing my hard drive and rebuilding both projects 3 times each)

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoshLS350Z

JoshLS350Z
    Expand Collapse

Will there be working lights at night? that would be a great feature

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

Moving into the performance update, thus 1.6a to 1.9a after 3 revisions, here are some details!

• ProjectV going on hold until this project is honed in
    • ProjectIV map is 95% complete, meaning all of Alderney, Algonquin, and most of Brooklyn and Queens are completed!
    • Rebuilt once again with an even cleaner performance focused mindset, this includes quite a few things.
    • Rebuild has boosted performance, 2x, meaning half the RAM usage as before and halving the CPU and GPU usage (including GPU DTs).
    • GTAIV PNG format has shifted to dynamically compressed DDS, native to T3D, so texture scaling actually provides a real purpose now in terms of compression.
    • ProjectIV private multiplayer alpha is underway, testing each section of the map one by one to ensure compatibility (first one is tonight, will update as they move further and further into testing)
    • New footage coming in the next few days, of both multiplayer and singleplayer.
    • Recommended and minimum specs will be compiled from the alpha testing user's computers.
    • and more!
    Forgot to add some extras not related to performance:
    • Winter version is complete
    • Dynamically adjustable curb sizes, make them taller or shorter to your liking!
    • Animations on objects in the airport and for Times Square screens
    --- Post updated ---
    It is in the works!

• Like Like x 6
  9. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

Multiplayer test went flawlessly, performance update boosted everyone's performance by large amounts!

#49 utopiadeferred, Jul 25, 2021 at 7:00 AM
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021 at 7:38 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Freevideo11

Freevideo11
    Expand Collapse

When will the Download be available? since you said the map is 95% done

11. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready. 95% converted does not mean 95% of the way to release.

Please stop spamming threads and YouTube comments with "where download" comments lol

#51 utopiadeferred, Jul 25, 2021 at 7:34 AM
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021 at 8:14 AM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

That's a really cool feature. Could you expand a bit on how it works? And how would we be able to modify it? I assume some config in map zip file?

13. utopiadeferred

utopiadeferred
    Expand Collapse

Curb meshes have been entirely separated from their original meshes, meaning in the editor you can search for "kerb" and raise them using the scale value, and the collision has been prebuilt with 3 options for small medium and large already. But it also works for any size in between on visible mesh final.
    --- Post updated ---
    Some fun BeamMP sample clips for everyone to enjoy until the trailer comes out! (will finish its 4k option shortly I think, also messed up my cinematic camera visible distance so it was using LODs when I was far away, fixed for the actual trailer :D)

• Like Like x 4
  14. ILoveDeloreans

ILoveDeloreans
    Expand Collapse

The mark of a true gamer. Even if you hadn't been regularly posting content updates, you've already convinced me with this post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice