Quality of life and New Features

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by bluehawk360, Nov 11, 2018.

1. bluehawk360

bluehawk360
    Expand Collapse

This post will contain ideas for Quality of life and future feature ideas. If anybody has any suggestions, post
    them below.

Disclaimer! These are only ideas/suggestions. Not requests. Do NOT reply saying how they're impossible/unreasonable etc.

Quality Of Life

Increase speed of UI (already announced)
    Decrease loading times (accomplished by loading part-by-part in real-time)
    Dark mode for UI
    More Camera Options
    Finished Replay App (UI app)
    More responsive Repository

Future Features

Scratch textures after rubbing of metal on objects
    More sound fx / Audio Normalization (some vehicle sounds are much louder or quieter than others)
    Custom Livery maker (reference: need for speed/forza horizon)

#1 bluehawk360, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Loading part by part isn't possible, the entire jbeam has to be reloaded. I think they are working on faster load time though.
    Audio is being worked on constantly, so just be patient.

3. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

That already exists
    Difficult to implement (I believe one of the devs said that it might not even be a thing)
    That´s years away, ifit´s ever going to happen

4. bluehawk360

bluehawk360
    Expand Collapse

Dark mode isn't really well implemented for the UI. As well as the scratch texture, I'd understand if it's too hard to make, but they're able to make a cracked window texture so why not do something similar to that for just the metal. also again. these are suggestions/ideas not requests. There isn't a reason to explain why they can't be made or something along those lines. I also understand it'll likely be a while before any of these things get implemented (if at all)

5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Increase speed of UI (already announced) - Devs working on it currently
    Decrease loading times (accomplished by loading part-by-part in real-time) - I am not sure if that would be a workable solution
    Dark mode for UI - Already exists
    More Camera Options - Check your settings because there are loads of camera Options
    Finished Replay App (UI app) - Thats low down on the Devs list of things to do currently
    More responsive Repository - I am again unsure what you mean by this because its not very clear

Scratch textures after rubbing of metal on objects - Not possible within the Torque3D engine and before you ask no the Devs will NOT be going to Unity engine
    More sound fx / Audio Normalization (some vehicle sounds are much louder or quieter than others) - Audio is being worked on already
    Custom Livery maker (reference: need for speed/forza horizon) - That would require a larger Dev team on it so this request isnt practical
    --- Post updated ---
    @Nadeox1 Could I require some of your wisdom on this if its possible for you to answer the questions in #1 of this topic please

6. bluehawk360

bluehawk360
    Expand Collapse

Again. These are simply ideas/suggestions. Not every idea in the world is able to be implemented. Teleportation is an "idea" but it won't be possible for a while (if at all) Now if you have any suggestions to add, reply and I'll add them to the original post

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice