Question about Mod download stats

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by pcmoreno, Sep 15, 2020.

1. pcmoreno

pcmoreno
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot2020-09-15at102638.png
    For example this mod only had one version ever, however, the 'Total Downloads' above read 97 + 113 subscriptions but the 'Downloads' number below is just 10. Which one is correct?

2. ScriptWork

ScriptWork
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That photo represents two downloads, the first one on top being the newest and latest one and version 1.0 being the oldest version. The mod is probably now Version 1.5 or 2.0 depending on the author

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Nope, first release date is the same as last update so most likely it's the only version, also it's an Automation mod and they don't get updated much

4. ScriptWork

ScriptWork
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh shoot, didn’t even realize that. Ignore my post, I needed to do more research.

5. pcmoreno

pcmoreno
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it's my mod, so I know it's not been updated for sure.

I also went to another mod I wanted to have, checked the number of subs and downloads and then proceeded to click on Subscribe. Waited for Beam to be done with downloading the mod and then refreshed the mod page again to check the numbers...They were all the same.

6. skecchi

skecchi
    Expand Collapse

i guess it's just to make the author of any car feel popular

7. urbanzerdin

urbanzerdin
    Expand Collapse

The subscriptions and downloads are seperate quantities, and so is the version download number. That is the number of people who went under Versions and specifically clicked download there, so the total mod users are subs+downloads+version downloads.

8. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure the guy who hasn't been online since September will find this real useful

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Hi, and welcome to the forums. What you’ve done by posting your comment is called “bumping”, and it is replying to a thread that has not been active for quite a while with a message that has very little if any constructive purpose. It is generally not appreciated by the members of the forum, as it typically provides no value to a conversation or thread and it also displays the thread at the top of the section, leading users who’ve never seen this thread before to believe that it is an active thread and further clog up the forums. This behavior can be avoided by heeding the warning given in the big red warning message above the text box. Thanks, and have a nice day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice