Solved Question about uploading a mod

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DeadBuckInc, Mar 11, 2019.

1. DeadBuckInc

DeadBuckInc
    Expand Collapse

I built a mod as an Automation addon, one of the things I included was an electrical motor swap. I want it to be compatible with any car from Automation so I had to make it compatible with DCTs and Sequential transmissions, I did this by overriding the Lua files of each transmission to prevent the "compare to nil" error. Can I still upload the mod with those Lua overrides?

I'm asking because of this line in the guidelines: gamedata.png

#1 DeadBuckInc, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

To answer the actual question first: No you can't upload that to the repo.
    However, you don't actually need to overwrite the transmission specific files for this, you can specify in jbeam that it loads a specific one for a given setup. (Assuming you changed one of the "shiftLogic-xyz.lua files)
    That way you just add new files without overwriting any, making it possible to upload it to the repo.

Essentially duplicate the transmission specific shift logic lua file and give it a unique name ("shiftLogic-deadBuckIncSuperSpecial.lua" in this example).
    Then in jbeam you can set this in the "vehicleController" section:
    The game then loads your file instead of whatever it would auto-select based on transmission type.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeadBuckInc

DeadBuckInc
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, Diamondback, I'm learning as I go; the wiki helps but some of this stuff is hard or impossible to find on there.

4. DeadBuckInc

DeadBuckInc
    Expand Collapse

I can't find a delete reply button.

#4 DeadBuckInc, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice