Question For The Dev's

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Aerohead1999, Dec 3, 2018.

?

Would we rather have the ability to see a person in the driver seat OR have no driver at all?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2018.
  1. Driver.

18.2%
  2. No Driver.

81.8%
  1. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

Hello, so i was wondering something that most people are still wanting since this game has came out, test dummy/driver im not asking make them able to get out of the vehicle i understand the amount or detail you guys would be putting your selves through, i mean you would have to make the character interact with stuff it would be a lot, But since it is a physics based game, But what would be amazing is being able to spawn a car and have a test dummy/driver and make them ragdoll like, it brings more realism to the game, i am not saying that it is not real enough, i just want to know and i would love to know the reason why.
    The driver does not have to get out just enough so the driver can fall out but not like rigs of rods, I would like to know the reason you DEVS are not thinking about it.

2. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

There will never be a driver/dummy in the game. Ever. That’s what the mod by @synsol is for.
    Putting a driver in the car would make the game Rated M(17+). The reason why is there would be people getting hurt in accidents, regardless if there was blood/gore. And the devs don’t want that for their game.

3. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

4. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

That wasn’t an opinion. That’s why there’s no dummy/driver. If there were to be a driver in the car, it would be considered as harm to a human. The dummy would result as the same. So the simple answer is no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I'd think a lot of people would want drivers in vehicles, but that's what mods are for. Also, Synsol did make the mod himself, so it seems like the devs want it aswell. Sadly, this game is still something you can buy, and if the devs don't want blogs and news talking about this all new game that promotes crashing vehicles in a realistic fashion (Because the news can be that stupid), then they won't want a rating anywhere above E for a game that realistically is safe for everyone.

Just because the community isn't a developer, doesn't really mean that we can't say anything about a situation. If you want a dev answer, you'll have to wait until after atleast 1AM Eastern Time (They're far east I believe, I forgot).

6. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

They’re based out of Bremen, Germany.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

For a person, I can understand, this isn't GTA after all, but for a dummy? I'm completely lost. They're literally made for that, and they don't get all gory like humans do.

Why must we not at least get a crash dummy?

Heck, Turbo Dismount figured that out, though they used a ragdoll and not a dummy.

8. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

This game/simulator is built for crashing vehicles and soft-body physics. If someone were to have two cars with dummies in them have a head-on collision on East Coast USA. What does that look like to you? To the people that rate games, it looks like a real situation with the dummies representing humans in a deadly car collision.
    Turbo Dismount got away with it because their cars aren’t like ours. Their game isn’t based around crash testing or soft-body physics. It’s based on maximizing your score by doing the most damage to the environment around the player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Absolute nonsense. So a game reviewer that gives a 9.5 to a blood soaked game like Farcry 5 or any of a million others will unleash a moral hell on society because a
    bloodless crash test dummy evokes some kind of shocking and irreparable damage to the same kids playing Farcry 5 etc?? Puhleeeze.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Not that kind of rating... :rolleyes:

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.aspx

• Like Like x 1
  11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you and I have similar thoughts on this. I simply fail to see how they can be as shocking as the kind of realistic violence games like Far Cry and GTA present.

My question is, what kind of rating criteria would crash dummies fall under? And if BeamNG had official dummies, what rating would that get it?

My only guess, criteria wise, is cartoon violence.

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Mind you ESRB is an american organization. Their ratings only apply to North America (USA and Canada) and Mexico. It's not the only one though.

PEGI system used in Europe, for example, has simple age categories depending on content and themes. Right now BeamNG would be rated PEGI7, with dummies it would probably be PEGI12:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_European_Game_Information

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I’m just imagining the IIHS videos getting a PG13 rating right now...

14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

[This motorway is rated 18 for cars]

15. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

17 actually

16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

You've never driven to belfast then lol

17. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

I've never even been on a motorway and I'm 19 now, so when I do go on one, it likely won't be in Northern Ireland considering I'm from Norfolk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice