1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

I’m trying to import multiple objects into BeamNG.Drive in the places they were assembled in blender but it won’t import into beamndrive the way they were assembled, how do I make the objects spawn in the area I put them in blender?

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

In Blender select the object(s) and press ctr + a and then choose 'apply location'. You might also want to select 'apply rotation and scale'.
    Also remember that if the jbeam is too far off your mesh then it will not render proportional.

3. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I will try that. I am importing dae files into BeamNG with the blender export template so I don’t need a jbeam. That means I don’t need to worry about the jbeam being too far off the mesh, right?

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

It depends on which objects your are bringing in the game. If its a complete car for instance then no, but a small object that should be connected to a jbeam could be a problem. Like maybe if you try to make a left side exhaust to appear when the jbeam has a right side exhaust then two things can happen : the mesh can be completey deformed or if it's too far off it might not even appear. Also you remind me to note that maybe you forgot to name your mesh correctly in the 'flexbodies' section of its corresponding jbeam file.

5. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

I’m not making a car, I’m importing peices of a map so I don’t think I will have a problem.
    --- Post updated ---
    I tried importing after applying location, rotation, and scale but when I import the object I can't see the it.

6. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

nm I just accidently forgot a step when importing a dae.

7. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I have a new problem now, the textures on the objects I imported are not being saved, they worked fine when I imported the objects the first time but it didn't work when I opened the level the second time. I pressed file > save level, but it still didn't save the textures.
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't know how to fix this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice