Quotex's thread of s̶o̶m̶e̶ many suggestions for the official vehicles.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Quotex, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

First of all, let me thank the dev-team for putting out update 5.0, which had one of the cars in it that I was really looking forward to driving, and they even gave it 4WS, loving it! And i wish the Dev team happy holidays and a great 2016.

Driving it around, and parking it next to other, older vehicles, I began to notice some inconsistencies in the official vehicle designs (3D-model wise). Now I know that multiple devs are each working on their own vehicles, and that some vehicles were done a long time ago, so i'd like to suggest a few things that would be nice for some of the older Beam.NG vehicles.

I know some of these things are very nit-picky, but if you'd put them in one big update it would be a great improvement to the looks of the vehicles in general.

Model Update Suggestions

- Keyholes for the doors and trunklid.
    Most cars don't have these, Only the Barstow has both door and trunklid, the '89 Pessima has no trunk-lid keyhole, I can understand the SBR for not having this, having keyless entry and such.

- Updated 3D Grilles
    The Grand Marshal, the Roamer and the Moonkawk and the Sunburst have Bump-mapped grille or fake/plastic inserts. Give those engines some air D:

- Dirty/Textured Underbodies
    The Grand Marshal, Covet, Pigeon, D-Series, Roamer, H-series have body-coloured underbodies, I find this a bit weird looking compared to the other vehicles

- Hi-Res Badging Updates

The Moonhawk (Front/Rear), Pigeon (Front/Rear), Bolide (Front/Rear) Roamer (Front) H-Series (Front, doesn't have any other badging) badges still need to be updated to the new Resolution format. I'm assuming this is planned already.

- Engine Updates
    The D-15 (4.1L I-6) and Bolide (All Engines) are still using the old low-detailed engine models. Improved engine models would defenitly look very nice on the Bolide.

- Updated Lights
    This is something all vehicles seem to have at the moment, if you turn on the lights on a vehicle, the turn signals also get illuminated, I'm pretty sure that this shouldn't be happening.

Model Parts/Trims Suggestions (Personal suggestions)
    - Ibishu 200BX
    New Trim:
    Ibishu 200BX Type-Z
    JDM-Imported High Performance Trim (LHD, Km/h Speedo, Amber Turn Signals on the rear fascia.) With Factory Turbocharged 2.0L I4, Sport Seats, Sports Suspension, Ibishu Z-Style body kit, Z-Badging and new Ibishu-Z 16-inch Multi-spoke wheels.

As to compliment the rest of Ibishu's Z lineup

- Gavril Grand Marshall

Towing Package
    The crown victoria was offered with a Towing package, so it'd be nice to have on the Grand Marshall as well, perfect for towing future trailers and caravans.

Fleet Vehicle Parts
    Taxi Roof sign (2 variations, a larger one for advertising, and a smaller, simple one) and Livery.
    An extra badge on the rear, indicating it's a fleet vehicle.

Alternate Lightbar styles
    (NYPD / Federal Signal Vision / Vector-Inspired Lightbar, Additional grille-inserted police lights, like the Sunburst has.)

New basketweaves
    Gavril-official basket weaves, as the current ones seem to be made by Alder.

New Trims:
    4.5L V8 Base
    Hubcaps (Example), No engine tuning.

4.5L V8 LX
    Gavril Basketweaves, Pin-striped Tires, Slight Engine/Handling Tuning, LX Badging.

4.5L V8 LX Tow Package
    Identical to the normal LX, but equipped with a towing package.

4.5L V8 Sport
    5-spoke sport wheels, Factory Supercharged 4.5L V8, Sports Suspension, Body coloured grille, Sport Badging.

- D-Series/Roamer
    Bed-cover for the Sport D-15 Trim

- '89 Pessima
    Sports Body kit for the GTz Trim to differentiate it further from the other trims.

Digital Gauges for the high end trims.

- Ibishu Pigeon
    Covered/Van rear section, perfect for putting company liveries on.

Ibishu Hubcaps, or perhaps tacky store-bought generic hubcaps.

Not an awefull lot of personal part suggestions, mainly for the older Beam.NG vehicles, as you guys have been doing a great job on differentiating trims already.

• Like Like x 3
  2. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I was kinda hoping for a rock-crawling Pessima to be on this list,that was honestly the first thing I wanted to do with it when I saw the four wheel steering, but the rear steering wasn't as sharp as I'd like and you can't raise the ride height with the tuning menu, and the diffs are terrible for off-roading, I ended up having to use rear wheel drive because I couldn't get a locked front diff and I couldn't use 4 wheel steering because you can't have rear wheel drive with it and I need to have rear-wheel drive so I could have a welded differential.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice