Race sugestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by nighhawk01, Mar 31, 2013.

1. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

Can we have something like road rage

#1 nighhawk01, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic idea. It would be awesome with road rage implemented into BeamNG. It was mega fun in Paradise, so just watching your rivals smash into a wall or another car at dangerously high speeds would be absolutely fantastic. +1 :p

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

You 2 need to understand that Burnout Paradise is far, VERY far from realism..., and BeamNG is as realistic as you can get in a videogame. In Burnout you just keep driving if you slam someone into a wall. If you do that in BeamNG either the suspension or the engine would be too badly damaged to continue driving. There's just no way you could make a fun version of Road Rage with realistic physics...

Apart from that, cars don't accelerate like that in real life, so the whole sense of speed will never come into play in BeamNG, which would sorta defy the point of having a Road Rage mode...

4. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was just saying though it would be a bit more challenging since your car would get damaged too, so you would have to be quite careful about that just in case your axels snap or something :) maybe a reinforced chassis, or you just drive a Toyota. They are near indestructible, top gear proved it. :rolleyes: Anyways, even though your suspension could get really effed up, or your engine, it would still be pretty damn fun (if you are in a strong car of sorts :D) because of the challenge.

5. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

You've got to keep in mind that this game is not made by 100+ game developpers, this is made by three dudes (/duddettes?)
    Take a look at how BeamNG's AI works and you'd immediatly understand that this is no-where near possible to make by the developpers of BeamNG. (For the record, I don't want to sound mean or anything, I'm just realistic)

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

4 dudes @above. Estama, LFJ, tdev and gabe.

7. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

There isn't really an AI in BeamNG. The one in the livestream is the simplest possible, real AI would have pathfinding, which it doesn't have like you said, but there is a possibility there might be.

And yes there is 4 dudes working on BeamNG.

8. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah... 4 dudes...
    Hmmm still no-where near 100+ dudes that are working on big games.

9. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Road Rage may be a tad difficult, but Marked Man could be very fun. For the "Chase" vehicles, just have the game detect when they fall out of range of the player and have it spot-reset them (the broken/slow/out-ran chase vehicles) nearby.

10. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

This is a great suggestion. I don't really have a lot of skill in programming, but I think this may be a tad easier. Or, easier, just have the game connect you to the Internet when you start marked man or whatever you are playing (if you aren't already), then it puts you into a lobby of the game mode you wish to play. Then, other players online will try to take you down, because they are also playing the same game mode (obviously). So, there would be no trouble with AI. Only downside is if you have bad Internet. :D

11. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

I think an online mode is indeed the only good solution for good proper races and other stuff, Gabester said that the AI is retarded (not in those words), so I doubt it that we'll see some badass racing AI...
    So yeah, online racing is a better idea, but it'll probably take a lot of time to make.

I am however not saying that most online players would be any better than the AI...

12. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

Haha, hopefully we do not see any kids that think they are 'el33t h4x' anytime soon. But, like you said, it would take time to put in the game. So, I thought maybe release the game without multiplayer, then add it in a later update :D

13. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

IMO, retarded online players could actually make the game more interesting, trying to dodge others and still finish first, hahaha!

14. ZeroPie

ZeroPie
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea of having a race mode in general implemented to the game.
    What I'd like to see would be Circuit racing, drift mode and destruction derby! :D

15. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

Same here, really. But, I have a suggestion about the apparent 'career' mode. (Apparently gabester said there would be one, idk). Instead of getting money and buying cars, howabouts you get them in a unique way, like "Complete 70 challenges and take down the Civetta bolide" or something. Or, "Race this guy and get his car, the Civetta Bolide" maybe. :p

16. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I personally am a much bigger fan of in game markets. I love the idea of earning money various ways and saving up to buy that expensive sports car.

17. 318mphwreck

318mphwreck
    Expand Collapse

I don't mind in game markets, but now it has just sort of become a generic thing that is in video games. Off the top of my head, Need for speed: Most wanted (IOS) does it, real racing 1,2, and 3 does it (because they are simulations, oc), and many more. So, it would be a lot more unique to do something else. :D

18. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I see what you mean. I just feel it unrealistic to get cars for achieving certain things. Unless you are racing pink slips, you probably aren't gonna get a car for winning any normal race. Considering that there is planned customization and parts (such as D15 off road kit) it think a market would suit the customization better. But knowing the devs, they will throw some amazing twist at us, making it better than we all had hoped. :D

19. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

If there is one gamemode i would like to take out from burnout so is it cops vs crooks (also known in gta 4), one (or more) is trying to escape the cops while they have to try to stop them. I think the closest you will get to that gamemode is maybe a derby race?

20. Shivaxi

Shivaxi
    Expand Collapse

Well what they could do, is give your car god mode and a repulsor field so that way your own car would not take damage or slow down when you hit another vehicle. That would be hella fun. GRID did this:

#20 Shivaxi, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice