1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Race update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pillojon106, Dec 20, 2013.

1. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

I know that they are ALMOST done with the update. Just wondering what you are working on at the moment.

2. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

how do you know they are almost done? I heard that they might release it only in 2014, but i'm not checking every thread.

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Does it say this on your website banner?:
    kids these days.JPG
    No, it doesn't. Let them take their time. Sure, I may want tons of new content as well, but I won't bug the devs about it. It is FOUR people, working on this game, not some AAA team with hundreds of coders. It is amazing that they have already gotten this game to do what it should; realistically simulate vehicles. If you want to gather a group of four friends and create a game like BeamNG from scratch, and pump out big updates with a month's worth of work every week, go ahead.
    When something gets rushed, it has much lower quality, has bugs everywhere, and disappoints.
    The devs are working as hard as they can to give us the best experience possible, and I have seen the beta testers say that there is a lot of new stuff in the next update, and a lot of stuff has been fixed, but there are still quite a few bugs and such to work out.

4. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

Hey don't get mad at me. I'm just wondering what they are working on for he update.

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

There are too many threads about this as well, and begging for new content will not get the devs to work at light speed. This is just like asking for a download link to an unfinished car, after about 10 people said the same thing above you.

6. SkritCraft

SkritCraft
    Expand Collapse

No? He just asked on what the devs are working on atm....

7. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

They've been fairly vocal about things they are working on for the update. I don't understand why people keep making these threads.
    Try the following:

Read the blog.
    -LJFHutch is working on improving visuals, we know at least on roads and their reflectivity.
    -gabester has been working on the T75 semi. I don't know if it's been confirmed that this is for the race update so don't get your hopes up.
    -tdev has been working on internal engine improvements specifically the Lua implementation.
    -gabester has overhauled the gavrils so impressively that it'd take too long to summarize all the new changes.
    -etc

Go to the dev's forum profiles and view their latest posts. I was going to post examples of what tdev has posted, but I got depressed after having to filter through numerous responses of his to threads that are of this very nature (Now I'm personally irritated with these threads...)

Like BeamNG on Facebook. Maybe I'm not a good enough lurker on these forums, but I think I've seen some dev updates on there that I couldn't find on the forum or blog. Mainly pictures, but still great.

Also, keep in mind that just because they mention a feature they've been working on, it doesn't mean that that feature is 100% complete and 100% implemented, so they could in fact be working on and polishing the things they've already mentioned.

Please stop pestering them with threads like this because I think their time is better spent doing anything else.

and by anything else, I really mean anything else. Sleeping, daydreaming, picking their noses, covering up a murder, etc

edit:

I didn't even mention the major engine optimizations, the map LJFHutch has been working on, the numerous other car tweaks gabester has done (oh god the bolide is going to be my favorite). I'm super pumped for this update.
    If all the nonsense-people complaining about the update would've fueled their passion into developing mods for the game, we'd probably have double the community content by the time the race update gets released.

#7 Ltp0wer, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  8. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

ok that's all I needed to know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice