Racing Scenario

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by sharonmaitino, Mar 7, 2016.

?

Will a racing scenario be acceptable?

1. Yes I like that.

91.9%
  2. No never do this!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. This won't work.

8.1%
  4. This will work and won't be that fun.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

What I was thinking was you were on the final lap at a track and the AI is chasing you and you need to finish the race without a totaled car. I do not know if this would work so I want the BeamNG drive community's advice. I think it would be unique to do this. A racing scenario sounds very fun.

2. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

why 3 threads?

3. sharonmaitino

sharonmaitino
    Expand Collapse

It was a mistake. Whoops.

4. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Far as I can tell we already had "racing" scenarios months back. Problem is they got phased out with updates breaking them every single time. So the creators got fedup and stopped updating their resources. Now we don't have any more races.

5. krayziepunk

krayziepunk
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to have some more race scenarios with multiple cars. Maybe allow you to choose how many AI opponents since some computers can handle more than others.

I would love this sim to have a sim racing branch to it. The modeling of the vehicles is incredible and would really lend itself to sim racing. You'd have the find the balance of risk vs. reward because being too aggressive will hurt the car in way no other sim can match. By that I mean the small amounts of damage to the suspension and steering through aggressive driving. A light bump on the wall will mess up the steering ever so slightly, just like in real life. Eventually I'd like to see tire wear, brake fade, engine wear, ect.

On top of this, some serious work needs to be done with the AI. Hopefully they can make AI cars race competitively. The sky is really the limit with this game and I hope the devs can take it there.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice