WIP Rallyewerk S501 (Fictional Car, need help with modelling)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Saeble, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys!

I'm currently modelling a fictional car, but I really need help because I'm pretty sure that this won't work at all. I'll enclose some pictures of the current process of the car.

I often don't know how to correctly organize my vertices respectively the flow. Worst part is the rear where the spoiler is. This part is really fucked up, but I don't know how to make smooth wheelhouses without creating a new loop-cut everytime.

Let me know what you think about it and feel free to criticize me, I want to get better! :)

BTW, what do you think of the name of the car? I spent a lot of time to create a fictional car brand, but I did not found anything better than "Rallyewerk" ^^

blender-app 2016-01-05 03-19-03-680.jpg blender-app 2016-01-05 04-10-12-118.jpg blender-app 2016-01-05 04-10-15-387.jpg blender-app 2016-01-05 04-10-27-299.jpg blender-app 2016-01-05 04-10-37-055.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. tumbbi2

tumbbi2
    Expand Collapse

Polyflow on the hood and the roof looks quite good. Good job;)

3. spedy7

spedy7
    Expand Collapse

Looks good so far - and I agree, your poly flow is good (better than mine lol). Try looking though this tutorial: http://darkscarab.com/view/43#step0

I found that tutorial to be quite helpful (and the one I'm following right now), although it runs off modeling a real car. Don't rush it ether - work on each section piece by piece to maximize quality.

4. disloyalpick

disloyalpick
    Expand Collapse

5. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys! :)

6. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

look at chiness car you can get idea

7. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

While Saeble clearly already has an idea, I like your suggestion. It would be neat to see some Chinese / Indian / etc cars & trucks.

8. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

Nice idea, but at the current stage I am with modelling it kinda looks similar to an Audi A3.
    A small, chinese car like for example Hyundai Getz would be nice (don't know if this model is called "Getz" in your country too, so heres a link :D
    http://static.classistatic.de/imagegallery/hyundai/getz/hyundai-getz-hyu_get_06_5t_1.jpg)

Here a picture of my current modelling stage. I currently spend a lot of time to model a better ploy flow. I already spent a couple of hours to create a proper front bumper :D
    Rallyewerk_4.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I definitely encourage you to continue working on your idea! Looks like you've made plenty of progress.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

Thanks mate! I will post future updates here as soon as I've archived something bigger. I'm really excited since this model is my first model I didn't delete because I was too bad.

It's already 4 AM here in Germany but I can't stop modelling :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I see you're using the janky way to model your wheel arches. Don't worry, I was guilty of doing that in my early work as well. Have a look at real wheel arches; they flare out, then flatten along the x-axis. This is mainly for aero efficiency, styling, and is stronger than a flare without the flat area. 95% of road cars have this on their wheel arches. There's a nice method of modelling realistic and clean topo wheel arches that I posted in another thread, and I'll spoiler tag it here too:

Wheel wells can be quite challenging, but I found a cheat's way that gives professional results. Starting from a front guard/quarter panel that doesn't have a wheel well cut in/shaped from existing geo, cut the shape of the wheel well in using the Knife tool (K), following your blueprint, but cutting where the curvature of the wheel well begins, not the wheel well itself. Keep the number of cuts relatively high, as this area really sticks out like a sore thumb when lowpoly. Once the edges have been cut in, delete the geo that you don't need there. Place your 3D Cursor at the centre of the wheel, then Edge Loop Select the new loop you cut in. Set your Pivot Point to 3D Cursor and extrude in, then scale before committing to the extrusion (E, then S). Scale your extrusion to the wheel well edge itself in your blueprint. Manual adjustment of your geo is usually needed for it to fit perfectly. Then simply add loops and flare your wheel well as usual. Note that this method will leave n-gons around the wheel well, which are sorted when the model is triangulated for export anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

@Zappymouse Thanks!

This is how my current fender looks like. It's not done perfectly yet, but I'm working on it. Do you think that this is ok?
    Peugeot_206_3.blend.png

13. hoodle777

hoodle777
    Expand Collapse

very good work unlike me which i suck lel

• Like Like x 1
  14. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

nice
    suggestion name

saeble mk1

15. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

Not bad

• Like Like x 1
  16. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Hyundai is Korean look at chery or geely cool car hope you finish

• Like Like x 2
  17. exessivemite9

exessivemite9
    Expand Collapse

18. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

19. Saeble

Saeble
    Expand Collapse

A little update picture! Rallyewerk_10.png

• Like Like x 5
  20. chazthedog

chazthedog
    Expand Collapse

Lookin good! :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice