1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Random glitchy black lines appearing in East Coast & West Coast maps

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by cardriver96, Aug 12, 2018.

1. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

The reason for creating this thread is because I've recently noticed some random black lines appearing in East Coast and West Coast maps. It could also be happening in other original maps of the game but I haven't been able to check all of them. Initially, I thought this was due to modifying a standard Ibishu 200BX with Nissan Silvia S13 parts from an external mod and making this vehicle the default vehicle in the game, however, these lines were still apparent after deleting that mod and replacing the default vehicle with the standard white pick up truck. Any help regarding this issue would be appreciated. Below is a link to a video that portrays my problem as well as a few things I've tried to solve this issue.

-deleted mod suspected of causing the problem
    -cleared cache files
    -removed all mods from the BeamNG drive documents folder
    -performed a clean install (Uninstalled from Steam, deleted BeamNG drive folder in 'Documents', deleted BeamNG drive from Steam folder)
    -started BeamNG drive in safe mode

2. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

I think it's caused by a recent driver update. (Did you recently update your drivers (I think GPU drivers)?) If that's the cause, try downgrading it 1 version.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

^
    In specific, the latest AMD video drivers.
    Please report that to the AMD forum so that they can be aware of that.

Only solution for now is to use an older driver version, until a fixed driver is released.

4. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Ouch that may actually be the case as I updated them not too long ago and I think I made the mistake of making a clean install which deletes older drivers.... Thanks anyways

5. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

I use an AMD RX 480 graphics card and after updating my drivers, I realized that the lines were appearing. I came to this forum seeking help.

My point of commenting here is to validate the point that @Nadeox1 made. It is in fact the AMD Drivers.

6. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for that. I reverted to the previous drivers and everything works fine now. Also posted a thread on an AMD forum but no one has replied yet.

7. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

Do you mind telling me how you downgraded? Lol

8. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

18.9.1, still appears to not be fixed. I even flashed my vbios to a newer version just in case. It has been ~3 months and AMD still hasn't fixed this. That's pretty bad on AMD's part.

I'd like to point out that it's the grass that is causing the black lines artifacts. If you disable grass, the artifact disappears.

GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB (MSITV341MH.614)

#9 ZoneSix, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  10. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

Yea.... I don't know how to do that @ZoneSix

GPU: AMD RX 480 8GB

11. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

You can disable grass by going into Options > Graphics, and sliding the Grass Density slider all the way over to the left.

12. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Overall Quality to Custom to make all possible settings appear (including grass)

14. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear I'm not the only one facing the issue. I just downloaded the Forza Horizon 4 demo, which requires the latest GPU driver to be downloaded, meanwhile in order to play BeamNG I need to have the older drivers installed. :/

15. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

Sadly. I just tried West Coast with 19.3.2 AMD drivers with my RX 580. Still doing it. I've however noticed that this doesn't happen on the new Italy map. I don't know if the vegetation is rendered differently on there. But there is definitely something different about them, and I think this is up to the BeamNG developers to fix.

Additionally: Utah doesn't have black meshes glitching out everywhere like West Coast does. However the small grass brush seems to have flicker issues and I've seen white glitched out meshes (However the latter was very rare). East Coast suffers from the same symptoms as West Coast. Same with Hirochi Raceway.

https://i.imgur.com/0Qg8qLA.gifv

#15 ZoneSix, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  16. Lenz219

Lenz219
    Expand Collapse

Yaas this fixed my problem! It's been happening for a months and here i thought it was a mod or something I have downloaded, Thanks, simply turning the grass density all the way down removed the lines! thanks

I'd like to point out that it's the grass that is causing the black lines artifacts. If you disable grass, the artifact disappears.

GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB (MSITV341MH.614)[/QUOTE]

17. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, I don't see how AMD can apply a fix that only happens to one particular game.
    --- Post updated ---
    I've even thought about getting a new GPU because of this...

18. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

Potential good news everybody! I just updated to 19.4.2 drivers and the game to 0.15.0.6. I tested all of the maps like before, and I am not experiencing artifacts with the grass anymore. I don't know if it was the drivers or the new hot fix (which has no mention of this). And I don't really want to be swapping drivers to see what really fixed it. If anybody wants to do that, go ahead. Just letting everybody know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for letting us know man. Can't wait to see grass textures in maps like East/West Coast again.

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for letting know.
    Would be nice to have more confirmations from other AMD users :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice