Random turbo sounds

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by strange guy, May 21, 2018.

?

You like the idea ?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. strange guy

strange guy
    Expand Collapse

Good evening fellow players,
    the following is just a thought i had over the past few weeks and I hope for a good conversation. Beamng added really good backfire sounds. I love the fact that these are random generated, so you dont get them after each shift or such. Th thought that I had was that the turbo sound is indeed always the same, which is not something bad considering the fact that it is like this in every game as far as I know. A great addition would be to have random generated turbo blow off valve sounds as well. So it would be like you have the standart sound aswell as longer or shorter versions of it.

Thank you for reading and Im excited for your comments guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

We are actually working on improving the whole turbo sound stuff, that includes bov sounds with a variable length, so the sound can be cut off when you step on the throttle again. Not totally happy with it yet, but the idea seems promising.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. strange guy

strange guy
    Expand Collapse

Great to hear that ! very excited for the future of BeamNg.

4. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Looking at having the timbre of the BOV change as well, so you get a thinner, quieter and shorter sound or a phatter, louder longer sound depending on what the turbo is up to at the time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

I've got to say I'm looking forward to these new sound developments. Sounds (pun intended) like we're going to get a more immersive experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

That's one of the goals :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm not asking a lot, but as there is always some shockwave after lifting of throttle, there could be little something that would be like sensitivity of BOV and with less sensitivity more of chatter would occur.

For example, this guy's BOV is not very much doing it's job like it should, not enough sensitive at all and we get to hear that chatter, which is indication of dangerous pressure shockwaves to turbine wheel, it breaks things if too strong:

I guess it would be possible of course to get that by custom BOV sound, but it is not really the same, breaking the turbo by bad tuning part would be missing unless in my state of confusion I'm understanding thing wrong :p

8. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Ha, that's more Diamondback's area - all we can really do as designers is record or design new sounds. It would of course be fabulous to be generating it all in real time, but that's not such a priority to look at currently.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice