Minor suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SupremeDalek73, Mar 13, 2021.

1. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

This thread is for game suggestions that don't really effect the entire gameplay or add a brand new vehicle, but add or change a small detail about something already in the game; my example suggestions include:
    -More sunroofs!
    -Torque Vectoring for the Sunburst (à la Mitsubishi Evolution)
    -A differential option on the Pessima steerable-rear supension
    -Factory turbocharged 200BX
    -Grey steel wheels on the 320 Bolide

#1 SupremeDalek73, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

Two things come to mind: Off, Run, Start (Add an off mode) and a press and hold starter motor.
    Add an entry chime for some cars

Also, redo the trim for the D-Series to add different levels.

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Why does it need EVEN MORE versions??? It's already messy as it is

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

Which is my point - redo, not supplement. Also, add different vehicles for each generation, that'd be a great help in cleaning it up.

5. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be cool if you could open doors on vehicles with a key like you can open the tailgate on the D-series. Also I wish you could open the trunk on sedans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rol0

rol0
    Expand Collapse

be able to issue tickets to vehicles as police, ai police already issue tickets, why not?

7. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe make a in-game skin editor? Just a thought, please don't get mad at me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

What about, interactive dashboards? Like you need to manually turn on your BeamNavigator, and turn on your Covet, that would be pretty cool, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Slight bump because these ideas weren't major enough to warrant a whole thread (and they're both a little dumb):

1. I think it'd be cool to see your vehicle's color hex code, and insert/paste hex codes for specific colors that would be too difficult to get by fiddling with the color selector. Another good use is if you see a unique color on a car someone posts in Community Screens, you could ask "what's the hex code on that car?" and if they have the color saved they can share the code to copy and paste.

2. A fisheye/radial distortion effect for photo mode. I personally really like the look fisheye pictures and I'd love to make them in Beam. With fisheye lenses you can do either something subtle but stylized with them like this:
    this pic makes me want a France map

Or you can do some ridiculous 2000s rap video or Midnight Club-type pictures like this:

Used fisheye lens pictures of cars to give you an idea, but if they break (hopefully they don't) just search up "fisheye car pictures", you'll probably find them

I know the past 3 NFS games had a radial distortion feature in their photomodes so it's probably possible for Beam, but overall I think photomode needs more stuff to tinker with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

Bike rack for the Wentward?
    example picture:

(Yes, I know it's an Orion VII and not the New Flyer D40LF as the Wentward is based on, but still, bike rack)

• Like Like x 1
  11. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Options for metallic paint and maybe even color shifting paint?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

How about different stages for the ignition, where one press of V turns on the electrical system and holding V cranks the engine? In addition to added immersion in starting a car, this would also allow us to fully turn off a vehicle including the gauges, console screens, and daytime running lights. The ETK 800 Series was recently updated to turn off it's DRLs upon shutoff, so I see that as a step in the right direction.

edit: Shoot, didn't see that @bmwcrazy456 made the same exact suggestion in literally the second post. In an effort not to make my post redundant here's another suggestion. How about radio antennae on cars produced until the early 2000s? That's one part I feel like is missing to vehicles such as the D-Series and Roamer. On more luxury focused cars such as the Wendover the antenna could be telescoping, though I don't know what the reason in-game would be to toggle it.

#12 korbitr, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Jakux

Jakux
    Expand Collapse

Ability to add rain/snow in environment settings. It would be a lot easier to do than in a level editor.
    Just simple:
    Generate:
    Rain
    Snow
    And in seconds weather changes.

14. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

If I'm not mistaken, @Diamondback said they won't do it as would pretty much mean rewriting the entire ignition code, which not only would be difficult & take quite a lot of time, but it would also break pretty much every vehicle mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. urbanestdog45

urbanestdog45
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think made a thread on that and he said that the code would have to be completely redone

16. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

Since I'm back from my hiatus I thought I could add some suggestions that modders could make with little to no effort.
    -A maximum grip/downforce drivemode for the SBR4 - This is essentially the Comfort mode but with the fully-raised spoiler in the Sport+ mode.
    -Wendover V8 swap on the 1st Gen Pessima- Purely for fun, who wouldn't want a V8 Pessima?
    -All-wheel-steering for LeGran/Wendover - A quirky one-off prototype style config similar or adding to the FATT Wendover

#16 SupremeDalek73, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Why specifically the Wendover's V8 in the 200BX? I know it isn't too uncommon to see FF engines swapped into FR builds, but I don't see what benefit this would have over the Gavril 4.5, which is close enough to plenty of S13 builds and was supposed to be an official swap once upon a time anyway

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice