Released Realistic Headlight Patterns

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Jfef, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Hello, as the name suggests, this mod basically replaces the headlight patterns in BeamNG with better and more realistic ones. I am still new to modding so things might not be that polished.

First of all, I am not the original creator of this mod. I am just here to continue giving updates to the mod. The original creator is PostmortemSlayer.
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/headlights-realistic-halogen-led-and-projector-v0-23-2.67008/ (link to original post)

Anyways, this mod adds both projector and reflector beams, as well as the led and halogen versions of them. Note: This mod can and will reduce your fps when you turn on your headlights, this is due to the shadows and lighting system. So far I only see 1 thing that I can do to improve fps but it probably wont incrase it by much.

LED Projectors (Bastion)
    upload_2022-2-20_16-56-20.png

LED reflector (Vivace / Tograc)
    upload_2022-2-20_16-58-24.png

Halogen reflector (H-series)
    upload_2022-2-20_17-7-46.png

Changelog:
    Added support on the new Gravil T-Series (Conventional and cabover)
    Added support on Hirochi Aurata

Updated/improved headlights on:
    ETK 800, K, I series
    Cherrier Vivace and Tograc
    Now their lights also light up the surroundings (primarily above and beside) ever so slightly so that it wont be as dark and empty. Will add other cars soon

Fixed early custom headlights for landsdale missing.

Added support for the new Lansdale (Except gambler version)

Fixed some headlight flares for the Bastion and Scintilla.

Updated headlights and foglamps for ETK 800 and ETK K series.
    Temporarily removed cornering lights, had some bugs

Added headlight beams for the new Covet (also added a rhd ece beam pattern)
    Lowered texsize (resolution) for every cars headlight beam to 256px
    Adjusted hadlight ranges for (almost) all cars, halogen lights getting ~100m range, LED's getting ~170 to 200m range
    Adjusted lights on old Pessima and Scintilla

To do list and known errors:
    Need to add cornering lights to a LOT more cars.
    I want to try see if I can increase performance (fps) and also see if I can use it for other car mods too (like the etk s)
    Sunburst RS foglamps are way too high (currently working on a fix)
    Bolide turbo foglights are broken

Anyways, if you have any find any issues or bugs, please let me know by replying. Apart from that, hope you enjoy the mod.

Installation guide:
    Install "Headlightsrealistics.zip" and put it in your mods folder (located in Beamng/mods) and thats it :)

How to read the version?
    x.xx.x.x = game version
    V x = mod version revision

Credits:
    PostmortemSlayer - Creating the original mod
    fabio - Contributor, Supporter and Donator
    DaddelZeit - Corneringlight Lua files
    SKB - Feedbacks and support :)
    robert357 - Also feedbacks

Donations are greatly appreciated :) If you want to donate, you may DM me :)

Attached Files:

#1 Jfef, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 23
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. fabio

fabio
    Expand Collapse

Awesome man, your own thread. :) Thanks for the credit, I'm glad I could help. Keep up awesome work. ;)

-Fabio

#2 fabio, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yes, big thank you to you, without your help I probably wouldnt have completed this. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why I'm in credits, but thank you. I'm just doing my job reporting issues like always. :)

Speaking of, I forgot mention that one of the game updates messed up rear lights textures in Wentward when using this mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the wentward. I thought its only me. Anyways, I think I can fix it. Just need to redo the .jbeam but the alignment should be the same. Also you played quite a role too, form the H-series headlight beams to wentward and also back then when PostmortemSlayer was still making the mod.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MocuÅ› :)

MocuÅ› :)
    Expand Collapse

THX bro! I love this mod

• Like Like x 1
  7. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Finally I had some time to check the update.

I'm glad you changed colour for the H-series. However what I meant was to have yellowish lights for early and more white for late versions, similar to the D-series. I noticed that Roamer also have yellowish lights for every version.

On Cherrier right low beam is pointing too far to the right. Also is there any chance to change light pattern so it would also emit more light closer to the car? There is issue when driving over the crests because of that.
    screenshot_2022-02-21_14-20-31.png screenshot_2022-02-21_14-25-48.png

European Bolide GTT have vanilla fog lamps (GTT Front Left/Right Nosecone Light).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. fabio

fabio
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I found another ''thing'' to improve. ETK800 anc ETKC left beam is too low compared to the right one. I tried to fox it myself but unsuccesfully, so when you have time, if you could throw an eye to it. :)

P.S. I'm looking for more beam patterns pictures, and I'll send them to you if you'll need them. :)

-Fabio

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes I see, ill change the lights on the newer H-series so they are less yellow'ish, will also do them to the roamer. Also for the cherrier moving the beam slightly to the left should be an easy fix as well as the brightness of the light. Lastly, for the Bolide, its a bit confusing as its "unique" as it has nosecones instead of bumpers and there is a lot of them, I think more then 4 so ill slowly work on that. Also I need to add flares to the bastion so they look more like the etkc beams. Also I apologize that updates wouldnt be the fastest as I also need to worry about school and stuff, but I do have quite a bit of free time so yes :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Alrighty, Ill change the ETK800 and ETKC beams. I think all i need to do is move the left beam upwards a bit. Also, thank you very much for finding more beam patterns, it would be really helpfull so there can be more variety in the beams. Soon maybe if I have some time, I want to try make some beams in photoshop but that probably wont happen soon as I dont really have much experience and skill with Photoshop. Anyways, if i already updated the mod, ill edit the post and while im at it I will add version's so its easier to identify which is which. Also, thank you for your help :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

well, i tried making some beam patterns using ibis paint, did not go well. :p

11. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Just to be clear brightness is fine. The light pattern is just very thin. This is the problem.
    screenshot_2022-02-21_18-12-58.png screenshot_2022-02-21_18-15-18.png

So when road goes down there is no light that could lit the surface.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

why are there 2 beams in one light? on the second one? (etk k series?)

• Like Like x 1
  13. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, it always has been like this I think. Maybe the reason is that both bulbs are lit in ETK because it also looks like this in 800 series.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

For the etk 800 and etkc, there is 2 beams on each headlight because both projectors are lit.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also for this, sometimes if you turn on the headlights for the etk 800 or something, the beams on the cherrier would change and become small. Dont know why but its there. Also I can change it with the sunburst beams.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

im stupid i know but where do i put the file

16. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes mb, i forgot to include instructions. You just need to put the zip file into the mods folder in your beamng install.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

can you tell me where its located?

18. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

For me, its in steam / steamapps / common / BeamNg / mods. It depends on where you installed the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Prof.R

Prof.R
    Expand Collapse

(Deleted)

20. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

i dont see it
    upload_2022-2-21_21-43-12.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice