Rear number plate lighting

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by McBeamer94, Jan 14, 2021.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I know I might not be the only one who noticed this but I was driving the ETK 1300 mod vehicle the other day and noticed that the rear number plate has its own lighting system working along with the head/taillights! What if OG BeamNG cars had this feature? I think it would demand some redesigning of the rear ends of the OG cars but it would certainly give them a more (an even more) realistic look as well as functionality!
    But if it enters the world of BeamNG, this system needs its light filtering be processed because, in the 1300 mod, these lights look like they're on even when they're not (contrary to the rest of the lights), as seen on the second picture!

Attached Files:

• 2021-01-132.png
    • 2021-01-133.png
    • 2021-01-134.png
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

A lot of lights can really lag the game, it's a limitation of the rendering engine, so any car that has spotlights or anything couldn't have these at all or else it would lag as heck combined with the spotlights and headlights on low-end PCs. So still most of the cars wouldn't have them and it's not worth implementing such a small detail while sacrififsing the performance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm... This limitation seems a bit weird, given the fact that the rendering engine is pretty darn capable!
    My 9 year-old laptop (Intel B960 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GT620M GPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM) runs this car well. In fact, apart from the CrashHard 8x8 truck, which doesn't run at all, all other cars, OGs and mods, run well in ''Normal'' Graphics settings, which I didn't expect tbh! Although I have to admit it cannot run maps larger than WCUSA without lagging and it certainly cannot run Italy map at all... I guess I have to do some good desktop hardware upgrading at this point! Hehe! ;-P

#3 McBeamer94, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This car runs well because it doesn't have any additional spotlights, offroad lights, etc. But a lot of in-game cars do and it can get quite laggy when you activate all of them. Of course they are optimized, unlike some mod cars that have separate lights for each spotlight or similar stuff. Add the license plate lights to that and you get some real lag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT

STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT
    Expand Collapse

The Sunburst already does, so it;'d be nice if the rest of the cars did too.. upload_2021-1-14_13-24-31.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I see now, I connected the puzzle pieces! I'll keep searching for details because I still haven't discovered all of them, it seems! :-D

Just discovered this detail! Problem is there are no lighting units shown, we can only see the emitted light! I really want this detail be added in all OG cars since optimization can solve some problems!

• Like Like x 1
  7. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Why was this thread needed?

8. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Because I wanted to show something I discovered and didn't know if someone else knew of it before. That's why.

9. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

But everyobody knew

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice