1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Releasing modding tools before the beta.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Fundador, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Would it be possible to release the modding tools shortly before the beta. I assume the answer will be in short no, but I think it could potentially increase the number of new mods ready for the release. Giving modders an oppertunity to get to grips with the system could be cool.

all the best,

Robbie

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Really?

You can make mods already, both maps and cars. Torque3D is an open source engine, you can download it if you want.

3. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

but would be cool if they release a wiki for the N/B creating asap. Also how to do that parts system script and such things.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

They had a wiki, but they had to take it down because of me. I know it is based off a modified JSON.

You need to be able to tag people here. Please?

@DavidBC Love the avatar. :D

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

It was me because I checked the hidden pages, lol. (It was an example of the B/N definition) .. and then I told gabester I can see it, and he said I'm not supposed to and it was taken down :c
    It's a modified JSON syntax like you said, so if you learn JS/JSON, it will be easy to write it, which I assume the devs(or just gabester) are doing right now. Unless they have some cool editor.
    From what I can remember, the new syntax is a lot better than the RoR "sub section" ideology.

6. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

With all due respect, I am already making a model in the community showroom and have familairised myself with torque 3D. I clearly stated in my post that I meant node beam tools which we have recieved no solid information on.

as for the other posters, thanks for the help. Il look into learning the code. Sounds complex though :s hope they release an editoriser type tool or an add-on for blender/3ds max

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

There will be no tools for creating the physics structure packaged with the initial release. It is, however, quite easy to build and edit the vehicles in a text editor and view them/update them in real time in the game engine.

8. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

And all the other tools are already released :)

9. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Will there be a wiki for how to make a car and Lua (functions)? :)

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, we have been putting together some documentation. It is far from complete, though.

11. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Yay. I'll be quite glad to help out with the wiki (if it's publicly editable...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice