WIP Renfe UT-447

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by acynder, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Im creating a Renfe UT-447 mod for beamng. I got a model from a dude who made it on skechup, talked to him and got his permision to use it whit the condition of sending him a video of the mod working.
    But I have a problem. I am not being able of put the mesh on beamng. The console says that it not being able of load it. The test jbeam works as intended but I need a bit of help on the mesh.
    There is the .dae and the materials.cs, please help me.

Attached Files:

2. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

Hmhm and what exactly is this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Is a train.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

Oh looks nice. Say, do you have any experience with Texturing?

5. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

None at all, I only have a bit of experience on .jbeam
    The thing is I had followed the tutorials on the wiki to obtain the mesh. but I am not being able to put it on my jbeam. so my train is invisible.

UPDATE
    I have finished the lower frame frame, and partly finished the front bogie of the front frame. Now I have to thing my aproach to the wheels of the train. Because 1: this is my first time making wheels and 2 this train rolls on Iberian gauge wich is wider than international gauge, so I have to take note for another train mod so I can learn how to aproach it.
    upload_2019-1-22_20-13-38.png

#5 acynder, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  6. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the doble posting but I found a problem and I need help. For some reason one of the parts (wheel assembly) of the bogie just explodes on spawn. Can anyone help me to make it not explode?

You can see the problem play on 100 slowmo if you activate debug node and triangles (because I dont know how to put the meshes I have yet) and you look close on free cam on the front bogie (the only one I have). The Wheel Assembly explodes out of thin air.

Attached Files:

7. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Not sure if this is related or not, but back when I used to mess with modding the cars, I found that making the wheels TOO strong would result in them instantly exploding.

8. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

For what I have cheked, the wheel is fine, is the structure that it is atached to what it explodes

9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Is the dampening (or w/e it's properly called) set to a super high value? It could be the reason why your thing explodes

10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

@Blijo has been doing some train work lately as well as a beam standard for rails, so asking him might be a good idea for train advice and so on.

As for your problem, play around with beamDamp and beamSpring. Lowering damp could help as Sithhy already said.

Also looking at your jbeam pics, are you sure that this train needs that low of a node spacing? It is a rather large vehicle, and going for less nodes (higher node spacing) could make it easier to fine tune the weight as well as strength of the components.

I have one more suggestion... I know that you're trying to make it as realistic as possible, but adding an option for standardized track width might be a good idea, especially since you need tracks for a train to ride on, and I highly doubt it that people will make special versions of their maps just to accommodate for your non standardized track width.

• Like Like x 1
  11. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

I have fixed the bogies by redoing the jbeam imitating @BeamDrifter bogie scheme.

Yeah, I think that I have overdone the jbeam, but I wanted to make it crash nicely

Im not even gona put the efor In making the Iberian gauge wheels. Is going to have only International gauge wheels like the UT-01

12. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Suddenly I realize how little I know about trains! =D

13. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Content update
    I have done progress on the 447, but I need help ajusting the bogies streng and stuff.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  15. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

16. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

that's kinda what you do when you're dealing with jbeam, lowering beamdamp could help you if everything gets too unstable. if your boogie is too soft, increase beamSpring.
    Or you could use the boogies from the link above if you're fine with giving the credit to Blijo (the author of them). - I reccommend this solution as they already proved themselves to work properly and they use the BeamNG rail standard (at least I assume they are).

17. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I im gona try them out, Im just a bit unsure If I could add a complex suspension like in a real life passenger train

18. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

What kind of suspension?
    the last time I actually looked at any train from closer up it was suspended on a set of leaf springs, but I guess those modern low floor fancy stuff use some sort of air ride or something?

Jbeam wise you could basically leave the axles of the boogie as they are as well as the main outside jbeam, remove all axle attachment points and go from there, starting with what will be holding the axle in place (in case of a car suspension it would be controll arms, coil springs or leaf springs. From there I'd add shocks.

Judging by what I found on this page:
    http://www.railway-technical.com/trains/rolling-stock-index-l/bogies.html

Your best bet would to be start with wentward's (bus) rear suspension as a base for the axles themselves (swap air bags for springs) and then somewhere in the middle add airbags with slidenodes for boogie - cart suspension.

19. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

ok, I will give it a shot, lets see what I can get up to.

20. oslaitirs

oslaitirs
    Expand Collapse

can you tell me how i install this?
    --- Post updated ---
    why is the train invisible?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice