Repeat AI

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MM1998, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MM1998

MM1998
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea for an AI mode where you control a car with a "record" mode on, and it records your inputs to the vehicle, then you can play them back, even while controlling (and maybe even recording) another vehicle's inputs. Maybe we could have something where all of the vehicles reset their positions and playback times to start when pressing a button, and all vehicles start issuing their inputs from then on. Just an idea to allow one person to control multiple vehicles "at once" (of sorts lol).

2. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

This would be cool to have. I'm assuming you want an AI preset that allows for you to drive around and then for the AI to drive the exact path you took? I would imagine this would be really useful for people who record videos for beam. I personally would like it because it would allow for things like traffic, races, and chases without having to set the AI to any of the existing presets and hoping they go in the direction you want them to.
    ex: you could have a city where a few AI cars are driving around it using paths that you made yourself, you could drive around a racetrack and have some AI drive the same path so you can race them, and you can have a getaway point for an AI criminal, drive to the getaway, reset and have the AI try to reach the same point you did while you chase him.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MM1998

MM1998
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but what I was thinking wasn't more of a "path" system.... but where the vehicle's input could be recorded and played back. Also at the start of playback the position of the vehicle is reset. So for example say you started off at full throttle, turned to the right about 45 degrees then straightened out, and stopped right after. The input playback would do that same thing if it weren't for the player controlling another vehicle that spins it out. Now instead of successfully turning 45 degrees to the right, the vehicle spins out, then finishes its turn if it was still turning by that time in the playback, then applies the brakes. Do you see what I'm going for? The AI isn't following a path. The AI is replicating the input that the driver made, thus allowing the vehicle to be put off balance and it won't try to correct unless you recorded the second vehicle and then jump back to the first vehicle and manually correct for the second vehicle hitting it.

But to be honest creating a path for the vehicle to follow in the way you described would be pretty cool too lol

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice