Replay transfer

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Carbunny2, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

How do I transfer my replays to working video files? Thanks for any (positive) support!:):):):)

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

there are plenty of converters on the interballs, you just need to sure the site or program doesnt give you a virus.

3. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

If you're talking about BeamNG, no there aren't. BeamNG's replays are stored in a custom format, and only BeamNG can open them. If you want to turn them into a video format, you'll have to replay them in BeamNG while recording with a screen recorder. There's no other way.

5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Oh shit, yeah, sorry I forget that it wasnt just an ordinary video file like and mp4 or mkv file. It actually stores the file so you can almost view it like an interactive VR in game and change camera and stuff on the go. @Carbunny2 so unfortunately you cant convert it unless you record it with some recording software like randomshortguy said or if the devs make something so we can watch it and use it outside the game.

6. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

7. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Beaming development team sais: you know what would impress even more than making our own physics engine and modernizing and fixing a super outdated free game engine? Let's make our own video format! You go. Develop the world.

8. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

While I agree with your sentiment, the .rpl file isn't a video file. It's some sort of compressed node data - it's saving the position of the car's nodes and beams, not video/image data.

• Like Like x 1
  9. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Plenty of games do it that way I'm just taking pot shots at beam for fun. The only example I know of for fact is halo3. Same deal.

10. Dan Harvell

Dan Harvell
    Expand Collapse

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps a little specificity might help people, such as myself, who came here looking for a clear answer. Myself, the way I convert the BeamNG replays into a video is by screen capture using a program called OBS Studio. Setup can be a bit of a pain in the butt, especially if you have multiple displays, like I do. But, once you get everything configured the right way, you're on your way to making a video from the replay, via capture. Warning: you should have a really, really good GPU and plenty of RAM for the best results. Otherwise, things can turn out rather poor quality, once you save your freshly minted video. I hope this helps any future web travelers, looking for an answer to this question! Drive safely!

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice