1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Request to Refurbish 1993 Jeep Cherokee Model

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by YankeeCherokee, May 1, 2017.

1. YankeeCherokee

YankeeCherokee
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but mods please move it or inform me otherwise.

I'm making a request for some kind soul to take it upon themselves to give this 1990's Jeep Cherokee some love.

I believe it originated from one member here who was working on it back in 2014, but then he went dark and never finished. So someone else slapped this model together, which uses the axles, and item tree from the stock Gavril D5. This worked perfectly fine, and even allowed swapping axles and engines with the newer updated parts.

However, as of the latest update these parts no longer function, and only the original 2014 Gavril D5 drive-train works. It would be nice to see this model come back to life, and maybe even be improved upon.

This should be a relatively easy fix for someone more experienced with Beam.NG modeling, especially since the J-Beams are already in place and fairly decent. Also the addition of the Hopper in the most recent update allows almost ALL its parts to be used in the Cherokee, as both the Wrangler and Cherokee share basically identical engines, transfer cases, axles, transmissions, steering wheels, seats, dashboards, and gear ratios.

I would be very grateful for anyone to make this vehicle work again, with the possibility of some improvements as well.

I have a very detailed knowledge of the Cherokee and Wrangler, and can provide information on ANYTHING. Engine weight, displacement, drive-line lengths/ratios/parts, EVERYTHING.

I also have detailed images from the factory service manual supplied to Jeep mechanics, as well as my own Cherokee that I can take real world measurements off of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Model is pretty nice, would you consider uploading all of those files in a zipped folder? It would make it a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to worry about missing files.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. YankeeCherokee

YankeeCherokee
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. Here it is:

• Like Like x 1
  4. YankeeCherokee

YankeeCherokee
    Expand Collapse

So my post was edited because the site that hosted it ins't too legit. I have the zip on my computer and have scanned it and used with no issue.

How do I post the ZIP?

#4 YankeeCherokee, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  5. Squatch32560

Squatch32560
    Expand Collapse

Drag in into the message box on this page, as if you were writing a comment to someone on here. It'll upload it.

6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Click the "Upload a file" button and select your zip. Then it will show on the bottom of your post.

7. YankeeCherokee

YankeeCherokee
    Expand Collapse

Here she is, take 2:

Attached Files:

8. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Please someone make this so i can make my cherokee trail rig!

9. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

this is just some reupload from a russian site

or a virus

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. YankeeCherokee

YankeeCherokee
    Expand Collapse

The Russian site you mean mostly steals assets from models sold to game developers, then half-*** them together to make models.

A different individual had a go making one completely from scratch but lost all of his files. The second persons version was much more current, and accounted for the new updates.

Here is the thread to prove it:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/offroad-sneak-peek.11175/

#10 YankeeCherokee, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  11. spinnin vinal

spinnin vinal
    Expand Collapse

i did a remake of this once but nbever realeased it to the public

12. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

please release!

13. spinnin vinal

spinnin vinal
    Expand Collapse

i lost the file

14. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Then what is the point of this reply/bump?

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice