Reset vehicle position

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BlueScreen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

So, the point is: Sometimes I crash test a car, and it rolls over, which means I can't see the results of the crash test. Rotating it with the world editor is sort of... Buggy. And I can't reset the vehicle without repairing it.

This is my idea: A key for respawning the car, and a key for repairing it. So if R respawns the car completely and Ctrl+R repairs it in place, T could reset it without repairing it, just move it back to the last spawn point. Similar to the system in the Next Car Game tech demo, where R would reset the car's position and E would repair it.

This would also be really cool for making a set of tests to see how much a car can survive (and by that I mean grab a D15 and remake the Top Gear Hilux tests).

2. LostPup

LostPup
    Expand Collapse

Yes please, i've wanted something like this for ages. nothing like barreling into some trees and not being able to see the aftermath.

3. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

You already can, just press f8 then press f7, it wil stay damaged and I think it gets put back on it's wheels

4. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

It stays damaged yes, but doesn't always land on it's wheels...and it seems like
    it drops it from incrementally higher points up in the air each time you spawn.

In my brief tests anyway.

5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

F7 brings it back to the original spawn without repairing it, but it stays in the same angle. Also, the car takes a bit of a fall.
    F8 does nothing but mess up my camera...

6. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

If you're driving when you press F8, the camera will stop where it is
    and you can watch yourself drive the vehicle around like an RC car! Woohoo!

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

F8 is just another way to access the free camera, if you press F8 use WSAD to move the camera somewhere you want to put the car, you can then press F7 which will place the car spawn at said point, and change you back to normal camera

8. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

for me it would be enough being able to set up spawnpoints INGAME one button style...

i play like 10meters away from my pc on my couch via gamepad and it kills me to get up everytime i want to change the vehicle or set a new spawnpoint by just opening the vehicle-choosebox and pressing ok.

i mean the vehicle choose gui automaticly sets a new spawnpoint in case of a vehicle change... couldnt it be done to recreate the same effect without having to respawn the vehicle ?
    ...basically just "saving" a new spawnpoint with the press of one button you could lay on a controller inputmap ?

-or at least an option to respawn IN CURRENT PLACE to set/save the spawnpoint the way it does it right now (just...one button of course)

...please?

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

so for the last part, with one button, you basically mean CTRL+R with only one button, correct? because that is possible, just open the input map for your controller, and set something like this (obviously changing the "button4" with what the game detects the button you're going to use as)

Code:
    %mm.bindCmd(%device, button4, "beamNGReloadCurrentVehicle();", "");

(Ik for a fact that this works, as i use it on my own controller with no problems)

10. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

Sir, you just made my day :D

(im using a european keyboard wich is not recodnizing the "ctrl" key... i allready have remapped the most obvious commands. that one must have slipped my sight, thanks alot)

11. Alex Lodati

Alex Lodati
    Expand Collapse

how do i flip my car over

12. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Please don't bump old threads, the last post is from 2014.

But you can flip your car over by holding Ctrl and using the mouse to grab a node and pull the car back on it's wheels.

13. Alex Lodati

Alex Lodati
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks

14. Zethsquatch

Zethsquatch
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for bumping this old thread. I found the answer to my question :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice