Rigs of Rods Vehicles for BeamNG.Drive?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by TheCarnageRacer, Sep 18, 2017.

1. TheCarnageRacer

TheCarnageRacer
    Expand Collapse

I have a question for the developers for BeamNG.Drive, who also made the prequel called Rigs of Rods.
    I was watching Neilogical on YT, and he suggested in the vid that people should do a petition to bring some Rigs of Rods vehicles to BeamNG.Drive.
    Here's link:

Who'd like to see these Rigs of Rods vehicles updated for BeamNG and eventually get added to the game, even if its a few at a time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Gabester made it clear that he doesn't want his Rigs of Rods vehicles ported to BeamNG. The sole vehicle that was ported to BeamNG, the Gavril Bandit, was a special case where the person who ported it, Atomix, had special permission from Gabester.

If I remember correctly, the reason for Gabester not wanting them ported was that he was unhappy with the quality of them and he doesn't want them in BeamNG as a result.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

First (unspoken) rule of the BeamNG forums Dont ever mention Rigs of Rods
    Second (unspoken) rule of the BeamNG forums Dont mention World of Mods

#3 RobertGracie, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
  4. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

There are a few more that have been ported because they weren't gabsters cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

nope but if someone wants to then go for it just get permission.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ford Fan01

Ford Fan01
    Expand Collapse

Gabesters cars? No, we have to respect gabester's request for them not being ported.

That ol' Ford pack? With proper permission, heck yeah!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

You wanna get a Ford Pack into this game....really...Ford would never approve of it, so thats already off the table and see post #4 you have managed to break the 3rd unspoken rule of this forum, Dont ask for licenced content

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ford Fan01

Ford Fan01
    Expand Collapse

9. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

They weren't uploaded to the mod section genius, so it isn't.

10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if we will see more official reincarnations of Gabe's RoR vehicles (I say "more" referring to the Barstow as a reincarnation of the Bandit)

Edited for clarity

#10 ManfredE3, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No, we won't.
    Unless if @Atomix Uses some of his magic.

12. Ford Fan01

Ford Fan01
    Expand Collapse

Not the point, "genius"

What im saying is that people have mods, regardless of where they are posted, of licensed vehicles. I didn't specify in my post that I wanted it specifically posted in the mod section, I just wanted a mod. I'd appreciate it if you would let people have their own opinion.

13. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

There are some vehicles I'd like to see again; the '49 Ford (I see someone was doing a '51), the Burnside (quality or not, I still love that car), and any of Lifter's stuff. We also had some cool original models being made back in 2010-13 era, not just mods or endless configs of the same six vehicles; and what they lacked in deformation they made up for in technical complexity -- booms, lifts, doors, lights, etc., awesome stuff really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It's sad that Gabester won't allow the other RoR vehicles to be ported to BeamNG. I would love to have some of them in game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

We do lack content here on BeamNG, but we shouldn't be dragging it over from Rigs of Rods. If you want to truly enjoy the RoR content, go use it in RoR. BeamNG needs original content made for BeamNG, not converted for BeamNG compatibility.

Unless they're completely remade, they just don't fit the game very well. Now if they're completely remade, to the point there are no remnants of RoR stuff in the mod, then yes it fits because its not a RoR vehicle anymore, and was made from the ground up essentially for BeamNG.

Idk, Just my opinion here. I personally don't like the conversions I've used, because for the most part, again they were made for a different game, and don't feel quite the same in BeamNG.

BeamNG is more of a racing/demolition derby simulator, whilst Rigs of Rods is more of an equipment simulator, also having the capabilities to be a racing/demoliton derby sim.

On another note... Why am I replying to the millionth thread asking for RoR content...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't your pack even unfinished to begin with? I recall there were alot of missing pieces here and there.

17. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am right there with you, the mods here should be of high quality and not of horrific quality that made RoR...something to be hated at the end, with Beam you get high quality mods that just look perfect

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Ford Fan01

Ford Fan01
    Expand Collapse

I see what you mean, I'll respect your thoughts on the matter:).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Thats always good, I find that when people port real cars into the game it could land you in some MAJOR trouble, we had that some time back when someone ported I think a 1960s Lotus 49 from Assetto Corsa into the game and it was good but looking back on it now I had that mod, but something didnt feel right about it and it was badly made and I saw world of mods on it at the head rest plate behind the camera position and I knew that wasnt good

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. lionscars

lionscars
    Expand Collapse

rejected af

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice