"Road" noise for driving over dirt and gravel

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Yuseung, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Yuseung

Yuseung
    Expand Collapse

We already have road noise when driving over concrete and asphalt, but what about when driving over dirt, mud, gravel, etc? The sound of gravel shuffling underneath the tires just makes the driving experience so much more immersive.

2. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Separate road noises for gravel and other different off-road surfaces, rumble strips (bonus points if they simulate the public road freeway rumple strips that border the different lanes), the planned brick roads on Italy etc. would all definitely help the game feel much more polished. I imagine it's already part of their development plans for expanding the audio system, but I agree those nuances really help the driving experience and would push it closer to (or above) industry standards for racing game sound design.

3. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

There is actually gravel driving and skidding sounds already in the game files, I don't know why they're not used.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice