Rock Candy xbox 360 controller input map.

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by argilla11, Dec 8, 2013.

1. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

Since the rock candy xbox360 controller does not work with the default configuration, I decided to share my input map for it in it's own individual thread since it's difficult to find otherwise.

And also because the wiki is sometimes confusing and outdated I'm going to include some basic info on how to get any xbox controller to work since most controllers use their own individual drivers that beamNG cannot detect.

Credit goes to 0xsergy for explaining it here and the wiki for explaining it here. If my little tutorial thing confuses you then please refer to there links for more information.

Step one is to plug in your controller, open beamNG, and go into pure grid map. Step two is to test your controller to make sure that it doesn't work. Step three is to go back to the main menu and open up the console (~). Step four is to search the console for where the the Torque engine begins finding input maps for the keyboard and mouse, your controller should also be listed there with the directories that Toque expects to find the input map, these directories show you the potential areas where the file can be placed and what you should be naming the input map file. Step five is to take the attachment from this post and stick it into /scripts/client/inputmaps and rename to file to what Torque is looking for. The GUID is also located somewhere near this segment. Next step is to open the input map and replace the GUID with what Torque tells you the GUID is.

Now the 360 controller you configured should be working and in the console (~) is should should show "SUCCESS" in the area where you found your file name.

Lastly, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CONTROLLER: GET ONE, IT MAKES THE GAME MUCH MUCH MORE PLAYABLE AND YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR LIKE 20$ AT WHALEMART.

Attached Files:

2. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

nice!! always been trying to find an inputmap for a rockcandy, one issue though- when i use my controller it only has about 4 different steering angles so when you turn it it doesn't turn until a set point in which it turns instantly then stops and repeats it until you get to the end of the movement in the joystick. still works but is annoying

3. theavengingewok

theavengingewok
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure this out for a month. I didn't even have to change anything, just pasted the file in and deleted the xbox360controller file already in there, and it worked.

4. thip123

thip123
    Expand Collapse

You may already have this program but I found it works great for games with no controller settings http://www.xpadder.com/ .

5. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

You don't get variable analog steering with that program, it's really only good for button, not steering though

6. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

7. cd109876

cd109876
    Expand Collapse

whalemart

8. xXMAX2700Xx

xXMAX2700Xx
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much! I was beginning to lose hope on finding a working solution!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice