1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Rotating Camera

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Deegan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Deegan

Deegan
    Expand Collapse

After starting a mission, the camera begins to rotate sporadically causing almost everything to become unusable. This can be stopped by pressing F1, but starts again after exiting that menu. I have installed Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro and am running the game using Bootcamp. I am suspicious that the trackpad is causing this issue but do not currently have an extra mouse to use for troubleshooting. Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work devs!

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

well, C changes the camera and the numpad moves it. (5 is to reset the camera)

3. Deegan

Deegan
    Expand Collapse

Pressing C changes the view but the camera continues to spin. The computer I'm on does not have a numpad, so unfortunately I can not try those buttons natively. I guess I could map them to another key, I may try that.

4. Timmer

Timmer
    Expand Collapse

maybe a gamepad or steering wheel that isn't suported ?

I sometimes have when i play Day of Defeat and forget to unplug my wheel.

5. Austin

Austin
    Expand Collapse

The camera controls are the only thing that annoys me in this game. Up/Down seems backwards and half the time it just does it's own thing.

6. coastiejoe

coastiejoe
    Expand Collapse

The game needs an option to invert camera controls. Personally, I'm used to the opposite of the current controls. I keep putting the camera in the ground lol

7. Austin

Austin
    Expand Collapse

Same. Been looking at the input map and at least for the xbox controller I have no idea how to flip it. lol

8. AstonishingA

AstonishingA
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you don't have any other inputs plugged in, try it with only keyboard and mouse plugged in.
    I use to forget to unplug my joystick when I wasn't using it, It would cause so weird thing in games

9. efedude77

efedude77
    Expand Collapse

+1 on that.

10. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

The grounds also transparent and my camera goes right through it

11. Deegan

Deegan
    Expand Collapse

I can get the camera to cooperate sometimes by using a num pad app for my ipad and connecting to my computer. This fixes the issue sometimes, however, it still starts to switch views and rotate out of control intermittently. When entering the 'F1' Menu, the camera consistently operates as expected. (So unfortunately, I've been playing the game from this menu. And it's quite impressive that this is still probably the best game I've played, even with a menu blocking close to half of my view.) Anyway, it seems that maybe the mouse is disabled in this menu which causes everything to work normally. Hope this gets resolved.

12. LeafBox

LeafBox
    Expand Collapse

I was coming here to report this, so I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It's really annoying when you always have to correct it.
    And yes, inverted needs to be a thing. I keep putting my camera through the ground :p

13. Callisto89

Callisto89
    Expand Collapse

What F1 do ?

14. Austin

Austin
    Expand Collapse

F1 shows you the controls.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice