Roundabout Drift Map

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by DamaggeLuX, Feb 24, 2017.

1. DamaggeLuX

DamaggeLuX
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

BETA VERSION 0.85 RELEASED

I'm playing BeamNG since the first public release. But one thing is missing ever since: Roundabouts... (Or at least I do not know any map that has decent ones ;)
    I'm quite a fan of Drifting and Roundabouts are an easy and safe way to practice car control in real life. Defined circles would help me to practice countersteer virtually with my Logitech G25 (to get the reflexes going ;)
    I am currently working to implement a few roundabouts and Drift tracks into the East Coast USA map. Once finished I will upload it here.

How many of you would like to see an overhauled East-Coast USA Map with Roundabouts? What type of Roundabouts would you like to see (Big, small, with lots of slope, flat, with curbs or without...)

I also created a small Drift Circuit in order to see how big the roads and how narrow the bends have to be.

Update: This Beta may not be perfect, but at least it's not gonna rot on my harddrive. A lot of textures were lost when BeamNG was updated. I made a new drift course with a lot of steep up and downhill sections, walls (idealy not to run into ^^) and dirtroads crossings (which makes the road slippery). There is a very good flow to it, with a lot of technical sections. I hope some of you enjoy it. Maybe there is more to come, but not sure about that!

Attached Files:

#1 DamaggeLuX, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PACO !

PACO !
    Expand Collapse

PLS do it !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MLG

MLG
    Expand Collapse

yes dooooooo it

• Like Like x 1
  4. MEVIAN

MEVIAN
    Expand Collapse

Realease this please, been looking for a good place to drift roundabouts.

5. DamaggeLuX

DamaggeLuX
    Expand Collapse

I finally found a Backup of this map on my harddrive! Better late then never, right? ;)
    So this is a Beta version with a lot of imperfections but playable! Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  6. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

there's no terrain
    Screenshot75.png

7. DamaggeLuX

DamaggeLuX
    Expand Collapse

Oh damn! ^^ Well I suppose this means that the terrain is saved somewhere else on my PC! I will take a look.

I'll gladly take any hint of where it might be xD

8. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

idk, try searching your whole pc for a .ter extension, it might take a while though.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Could be directly at /levels/ folder.

You can get hint by opening json files of your map and looking .ter from inside of them, there are several, some in subfolders of your map, but that might help if it is not one on /levels/

Then you need to copy terrain to your map folder and edit those .json files manually. Can't remember now if there was something else related to that, but should help a bit at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice